All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis practical handbook covers everything a practitioner needs to kw about dealing with children and adolescents who present in an emergency department with mental health problems. It provides an easily accessible framework of kwledge on child and adolescent mental health, with comprehensive, easy-to follow guidance. The book includes contributions from professionals across a range of disciplines: paediatrics, child and adolescent psychiatry, liaison psychiatry, emergency medicine, and social care. The authors clarify the roles and responsibilities of every professional involved in the care of young patients and their families in a very vulnerable and potentially frightening situation. The subjects covered include: * Understanding child and adolescent mental health problems. * Their social and developmental contexts. * The management of common mental health problems in this age group. * Carrying out balanced risk assessments. * Liaison with social services and the role of other agencies. * The legal context. * Confidentiality and child protection. * Diversity issues. ~ Highly Commended in the Psychiatry category of the 2010 BMA Medical Book Awards. ~ Readership The book is intended for psychiatrists at all levels dealing with young people, paediatricians and emergency department clinicians, teachers and trainers, and the heads of department, managers and commissioners who work together to provide effective and efficient services to meet the needs of this under-served client group.
- Author BiographyAbout the editor: Tony Kaplan is a Consultant Child and Adolescent Psychiatrist at the Young People's Crisis Recovery Unit, North London, and was Chair of the Royal College of Psychiatrists' working group on CAMHS in the emergency department.
- PrizesCommended for BMA Medical Book Competition: Psychiatry 2010.
- PublisherRCPsych Publications
- Date of Publication27/05/2009
- SubjectClinical Medicine: Professional
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintRCPsych Publications
- Weight372 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine12 mm
- Edited byTony Kaplan
Best-selling in Other
Save on Other
- AU $34.04Trending at AU $49.76
- AU $44.25Trending at AU $48.47
- AU $27.12Trending at AU $28.72
- AU $18.68Trending at AU $20.99
- AU $14.22Trending at AU $25.86
- AU $23.05Trending at AU $25.91
- AU $21.08Trending at AU $23.68
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.