All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionMany physicians and patients do t believe that dermatology involves life-threatening situations. However, there are many emergencies that the dermatologist needs to address and many cutaneous diseases in the emergency room that require rapid dermatologic consultation. The dermatologist is frequently the first physician to examine these patients before a hospital admission, and also the first to identify a critical situation, stabilize the patient, and choose urgent and appropriate intervention. The first chapters of this book are directed toward those dermatologists who care for hospitalized patients with severe and dangerous skin diseases. Later chapters are intended for all physicians, including dermatologists, who wish to hone their diagstic skills, expand their kwledge and understanding of pathological events, and learn treatment options available for acute life-threatening skin diseases. This book brings together top dermatologists around the world to address the complicated and multifaceted field of dermatologic emergencies for the practising dermatologist and emergency physician.
- Author BiographyRonni Wolf, MD, is Associate Clinical Professor and Head of the Dermatology Unit at Kaplan Medical Center, Rechovot, Israel, and the Hebrew University-Hadassah Medical School, Jerusalem, Israel. Batya B. Davidovici, MD, is a physician in the Dermatology Unit at Kaplan Medical Center, Rechovot, Israel. Jennifer L. Parish, MD, is Assistant Clinical Professor of Dermatology and Cutaneous Biology at Jefferson Medical College of Thomas Jefferson University, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, and Assistant Professor of Dermatology, Tulane University School of Medicine, New Orleans, Louisiana. Lawrence Charles Parish, MD, MD (hon), is Clinical Professor of Dermatology and Cutaneous Biology and Director of the Jefferson Center for International Dermatology, Jefferson Medical College of Thomas Jefferson University, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania. Dr Parish is also a Visiting Professor of Dermatology at Tulane University School of Medicine, New Orleans, Louisiana.
- PublisherCambridge University Press
- Date of Publication17/01/2011
- SubjectClinical Medicine: Professional
- Place of PublicationCambridge
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCambridge University Press
- Out-of-print date26/07/2016
- Content Note17 b/w illus. 167 colour illus. 47 tables
- Weight1370 g
- Width215 mm
- Height279 mm
- Spine21 mm
- Edited byBatya B. Davidovici,Jennifer L. Parish,Lawrence Charles Parish,Ronni Wolf
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $99.00Trending at AU $101.34
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $79.83
- AU $104.88Trending at AU $108.49
- AU $67.99Trending at AU $71.54
- AU $61.99Trending at AU $63.88
- AU $95.88Trending at AU $99.78
- AU $89.90Trending at AU $112.50
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.