All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionFirst ever, all-in-one, practical resource for evacuating people of all ages and health conditions from all kinds of workplaces, including small offices, skyscrapers, business and college campuses, industrial plants, stores, hospitals, and schools. Based on the Business Continuity Institute's proven 6-Phase Business Continuity Lifecycle Model that encompasses development, delivery, and maintenance of organization-wide plans -- to ensure that your methodology aligns with best practices, relevant regulations, sound governance, and corporate responsibility. Comprehensive package of 600+ pages of book and downloads containing tools, templates, case studies, sample plans, forms, checklists, articles, and practical tips. Authored by an internationally acclaimed consultant in Business Continuity Management, with 35+ years' experience in 24 countries and recipient of the Business Continuity Institute's Lifetime Achievement Award. Thought-provoking discussion questions requiring application of principles to solve problems, numerous real-life case studies and examples, comprehensive index and detailed glossary facilitate both college and professional instruction. This comprehensive package of 600+ pages of book and downloads offers the first ever, all-in-one resource -- packed with globally researched, invative, and field-tested plans, tips, and tools for workplace evacuation, including: - Comprehensive approach covering all kinds of personal conditions and facilities. Provides full details on how to deliver an effective evacuation solution for people of varying ages, health conditions, and special needs, including how to develop Personal Emergency Evacuation Plans (PEEPs) for employees who need them. Shows how to develop plans for evacuating a variety of facilities ranging from small offices, skyscrapers, business campuses and industrial plants to stores, hospitals, schools and colleges. - Practical and compassionate insights for dealing with emotional reactions and physical difficulties, both pre- and post-event. Includes planning for and managing both the immediate reactions and, very importantly, any long term care for employees that may be required in the wake of major trauma. - Tools, templates, case studies, sample plans, forms, checklists, articles, and practical tips that will spare you pitfalls and costly mistakes in designing your own evacuation plan. Burtles has literally been there, done that over many years, so take advantage of his hard-won expertise and field-tested tools to enhance the plan you have or create one from scratch. You are responsible for your people's safety. Put emergency evacuation on the top of your priority list. Use Burtles as a guide to practice (and practice and practice and practice) realistic evacuation drills and procedures, create strong policies, and get management buy-in with clearly understood and agreed-upon methods to increase the chance of survival for those at risk. With this book and accompanying EEP Toolkit, you w have the tools to develop and implement a comprehensive Emergency Evacuation Plan. You MUST have a plan. You MUST practice it, says Burtles. But most importantly, at that critical moment, your people MUST be able to get out!
- Author(s)Jim Burtles
- PublisherRothstein Associates Inc.
- Date of Publication12/07/2013
- SubjectTechnology: General & Reference
- Place of PublicationBrookfield
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintRothstein Associates Inc.
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight629 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Edited byKristen Noakes-Fry
- Format DetailsLaminated cover
Explore Buying Guides
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $57.99Trending at AU $62.11
- AU $34.69Trending at AU $36.61
- AU $73.14Trending at AU $74.82
- AU $50.28Trending at AU $53.01
- AU $31.89Trending at AU $40.50
- AU $37.59Trending at AU $40.09
- AU $34.15Trending at AU $35.14
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.