All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $24.68Trending at AU $42.56
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $87.92
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $73.76
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.54
- AU $82.90Trending at AU $85.42
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.41
- AU $34.72Trending at AU $42.64
About this product
- DescriptionThis book presents current developments in city planning and architecture in East Asia. It describes the many neighborhoods in which the region's large cities are modernizing or expanding with invative structures and advanced construction projects. It combines a typology of public structures with an analysis of the compositional principles of urban environments. Thus, it finally connects new developments in city planning with new developments in architecture, and considers examples such as CCTV, Lujiazui, Kansai Airport, Xinyi, Taipei 101, Chek Lap Kok, Cheonggyecheon, Roppongi Hills, Da Shanzi, Shahe, Omotesando, and Marina Bay from a new perspective.And the new perspectives presented here are t just theoretical: some forty full-page bird's eye views prepared especially for this volume show these future urban settings in highly detailed images of breathtaking beauty. The result is a rich portrait of the coming together of global and local influences in n-Western countries. With its systematic approach, this presentation by one of the leading international experts in the field is a reference work on a topic of central importance to the world of construction today.
- Author BiographyPeter G. Rowe is the Raymond Garbe Professor of Architecture and Urban Design and University Distinguished Service Professor at the Graduate School of Design, Harvard University. On related topics he is the author, co-author or editor of: Modern Urban Housing in China: 1840 to 2000; L'Asia e il Moderno; Architectural Encounters with Essence and Form in Modern China; Shanghai: Architecture and urbanism; and East-Asia Modern: Shaping the Contemporary City, plus numerous articles and book chapters.
- Author(s)Peter G. Rowe
- Date of Publication11/04/2011
- Place of PublicationBasel
- Country of PublicationSwitzerland
- ImprintBirkhauser Verlag AG
- Content NoteApprox. 208 p. 100 illus. in color, 20 in b/w, and 140 drawings
- Weight1136 g
- Width220 mm
- Height280 mm
- Spine23 mm
- Interest AgeCollege Graduate Student
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.