All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis work is essentially based on grammaticalization theory a branch of linguistics which has gained prominence since the 1980s. It focuses on the interaction between diachrony and synchrony, langue and parole or, for that matter, competence and performance, I language and language. It does t see these levels as distinct linguistic domains, as much structurally oriented work does. It is important for the present purposes that such an interactionist view entails that performance effects may over time cause new grammatical code relations. Hence the importance of statistical empirical research, which led the author to adopt a predominantly corpus-based approach.
- Author(s)Manfred G. Krug
- PublisherWalter de Gruyter & Co
- Date of Publication21/08/2000
- Series TitleTopics in English Linguistics [TIEL]
- Series Part/Volume Numberv.32
- Place of PublicationBerlin
- Country of PublicationGermany
- ImprintMouton de Gruyter
- Content Note24 black & white illustrations, 42 black & white tables, 24 schw.-w. Abb., 42 schw.-w. Tab., 4 Ktn.
- Weight731 g
- Width155 mm
- Height230 mm
- Spine21 mm
- Interest AgeCollege Graduate Student
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $34.69Trending at AU $36.40
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $35.73
- AU $28.63Trending at AU $30.12
- AU $31.89Trending at AU $40.27
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $24.08
- AU $37.60Trending at AU $39.86
- AU $34.15Trending at AU $34.94
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.