All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $24.68Trending at AU $42.56
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $87.92
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $73.76
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.54
- AU $82.90Trending at AU $85.42
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.41
- AU $34.72Trending at AU $42.64
About this product
- DescriptionThis important resource offers a comprehensive introduction to emerging and reemerging infectious disease, including the underlying mechanisms of microbial emergence, the techlogy used to detect them and the strategies available to contain them. The author describes the diseases and their causative agents that are major factors in the health of populations the world over. One of the main features of the book is its broad coverage of 25 different emerging infectious diseases, most of which are directly important to those practicing health in the U.S. The book is designed for students in epidemiology, global health, and biology.
- Author BiographyLisa A. Beltz, PhD, is assistant professor, Department of Biological Sciences, Kent State University at Tuscarawas, New Philadelphia, Ohio. Previously she was associate professor, Department of Biology, University of Northern Iowa, Cedar Falls, Iowa. Among her honors are a post-doctoral trainee fellowship at Johns Hopkins University and a SHARP Research Fellowship at the University of Pittsburgh. She won University of Northern Iowa's Biology Honors Teacher of the Year award in 2005.
- Author(s)Lisa A. Beltz
- PublisherJohn Wiley and Sons Ltd
- Date of Publication10/05/2011
- SubjectClinical Medicine: Professional
- Series TitlePublic Health/Epidemiology and Biostatistics
- Place of PublicationChichester
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintJohn Wiley & Sons Ltd
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight1050 g
- Width178 mm
- Height233 mm
- Spine28 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.