All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe book aims to identify key issues and developments in ASEAN-5 that illustrate the transition of this region towards a kwledge-based ecomy. The book contributes to understanding the opportunities and challenges faced by emerging ecomies. It explains the transition process from a kwledge based perspective, showing how kwledge creation and invation contribute to the competitiveness of companies and sectors in this region. The book takes a distinctly ASEAN perspective by discussing examples of the transition process from all ASEAN 5 nations that show how this region is attempting to link up to the global kwledge ecomy of the 21st Century. To achieve these aims the book is divided into three parts, preceded by an introductory chapter explaining the logic, objectives and contributions of the book. Part I discusses ASEAN-5 as an emerging hub in the global ecomy. Part II discusses the global links of the ASEAN region. Part III highlights invation support in the ASEAN region. Each part identifies key developments and discusses relevant challenges and opportunities regarding the ecomic transition process based on examples for the various ASEAN-5 nations. The book contributes to the literature on emerging ecomies by explaining their challenges and opportunities of the catching-up process from a kwledge-based perspective. It is definitely a must-read.
- Author BiographyDessy Irawati-Rutten, Ph.D, is an academic staff for the bilingual department and an international engagement coordinator at Sondervick College, the Netherlands with 12 years of experience in international business practice and academic. Her disciplinary background is in International Business Strategy, Economic Geography, and Regional Studies. She is one of creators of a new research network called SDIN (Social Dynamic of Innovation Networks) promoting the norms, values and human element in studying innovation in developed and developing economies, specifically in Europe and the ASEAN (Southeast Asian) region. Roel Rutten is an assistant professor at Organization Studies Faculty in Tilburg University and Visiting fellow in Newcastle University Business School, UK on knowledge creation and applies this to the three areas discussed below. His disciplinary background is organization sociology and economic geography. Dr. Rutten is also the creators of SDIN, Social Dynamic of Innovation Networks. Dr. Rutten is interested in knowledge creation and networks, he has published in various journals, books, presented his paper internationally in Europe, Asia, and North America.
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication09/06/2015
- SubjectEconomics: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight317 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine11 mm
- Edited byDessy Irawati,Roel Rutten
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $61.65New
- AU $7.65New
- AU $20.61New
- AU $33.28New
- AU $29.94New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $59.99Trending at AU $61.65
- AU $3.99Trending at AU $7.65
- AU $40.94Trending at AU $51.58
- AU $29.54Trending at AU $29.94
- AU $56.80Trending at AU $63.10
- AU $49.30Trending at AU $52.75
- AU $26.83Trending at AU $30.82
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.