All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionEmerging Location Aware Broadband Wireless Ad Hoc Networks is a compilation of new material on wireless networking and techlogy addressing several technical challenges in the field. The contributions are authored by distinguished experts who presented experimental results on their work at the recent International Symposium on Personal, Indoor, Mobile, Radio Communications (PIMRC) held in Barcelona, Spain, September 5-8, 2004. The authors present new results on issues involving wireless LANs and ad hoc networks; mobile wireless internet and satellite applications; encoding, algorithms and performance; and issues related to overlay networks, cross layer interactions and smart antennas. Whether you're a telecommunications/networking specialist, systems engineer or a scientist, Emerging Location Aware Broadband Wireless Ad Hoc Networks provides valuable insight from experts in wireless networking for developing wireless systems and meeting future application requirements.
- Author Biographya) RAJAMANI GANESH received his BE degree from the Indian Institute of Science, Bangalore in 1985. Later, he received his MS and PhD degrees in Wireless Communications from Worcester Polytechnic Institute, Massachusetts (USA) in 1987 and 1991, respectively. He has more than 13 years' work experience in corporate USA where he held many technical management and leadership positions and successfully executed projects of all kinds and sizes. Presently, he works as the Director of Technology Development and Marketing for Qualcomm International with current posting in India. He is actively involved in helping CDMA operators with new technology roadmaps, network performance engineering and deployment of key product offerings. Before joining Qualcomm, he was the Chief Engineer in a mobile-Location based services start-up, which he helped found in the Boston area. Previous to that, he was a Senior Scientist in Verizon Technology Organization (USA) for about 7 years, working on CDMA Network planning, deployments and optimization with special emphasis on capacity enhancement coupled with infrastructure-cost minimization. Earlier, from 1991 to 1995, he was with Sarnoff Corporation in Princeton, New Jersey (USA), working on HDTV transmission and packet CDMA systems. Dr. Ganesh has published dozens of technical papers in many journals and conferences and has received many awards including the prestigious WARNER award, Verizon/GTE's highest award for outstanding technical achievement. He has 15 patents (7 pending) in wireless network planning and optimization issues, mobile Location determination systems & Bluetooth networks. He has contributed to chapters in books and has also edited 2 books on wireless communications: Wireless Multemedia Network Technologies and Wireless Network Deployments . He has been the Technical Program Co-Chairman for the last two International IEEE conferences, held in India, on Personal Wireless Communications. He is also active, in the technical program and organizing committees of various other conferences worldwide. b) Sastri Kota received his Ph.D from Univ. of Oulu, Finland and is a senior scientist with Harris Corp. He held technical and management positions with Loral, Lockheed Martin, SRI Int'l, Ford Aerospace, The MITRE and XEROX corp. Widely published and principal author of book on Broadband satellite Communications for Internet Access and contributed book chapters. Very active in standards organizations. Senior member of IEEE, Associate Fellow of AIAA and member ACM. c) Kaveh Pahlavan, is a Professor of ECE, a Professor of CS, and Director of the Center for Wireless Information Network Studies, Worcester Polytechnic Institute, Worcester, MA. He is also a visiting Professor of Telecommunication Laboratory and CWC, University of Oulu, Finland. His area of research is location aware broadband wireless indoor networks. He has contributed to numerous seminal technical publications in this field. He is the principal author of the Wireless Information Networks (with Allen Levesque), John Wiley and Sons, 1995 and Principles of Wireless Networks - A Unified Approach (with P. Krishnamurthy), Prentice Hall, 2002. He has been a consultant to a number of companies. Before joining WPI, he was the director of advanced development at Infinite Inc., Andover, Mass. working on data communications. He started his career as an assistant Professor at Northeastern University, Boston, MA. He is the Editor-in-Chief of the International Journal on Wireless Information Networks. He was the founder, the program chairman and organizer of the IEEE Wireless LAN Workshop, Worcester, in 1991 and 1996 and the organizer and technical program chairman of the IEEE International Symposium on Personal, Indoor, and Mobile Radio Communications, Boston, MA, 1992 and 1998. For his contributions to the wireless networks he was the Westin Hadden Professor of Electrical and Computer Engineering at WPI during 1993-1996, was elected as
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Date of Publication06/10/2004
- SubjectElectronics Engineering & Communications Engineering
- Place of PublicationNew York, NY
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Content Notebiography
- Weight1450 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Edited byKaveh Pahlavan,Rajamani Ganesh,Ramon Agusti,Sastri L. Kota
- Format DetailsLaminated cover
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $61.65New
- AU $7.64New
- AU $22.34New
- AU $33.28New
- AU $30.44New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $59.99Trending at AU $61.65
- AU $40.94Trending at AU $51.58
- AU $32.35Trending at AU $51.03
- AU $29.55Trending at AU $30.44
- AU $49.30Trending at AU $52.75
- AU $26.83Trending at AU $32.36
- AU $39.21Trending at AU $43.41
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.