All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionEmerging Membrane Techlogy for Sustainable Water Treatment provides the latest information on the impending crisis posed by water stress and poor sanitation, a timely issue that is one of the greatest human challenges of the 21st century. The book also discusses the use of membrane techlogy, a serious contender that can be used to confront the crisis on a global scale, along with its specific uses as a solution to this escalating problem.
- Author BiographyRajindar Singh is President of Membrane Ventures, LLC. He is a Senior Member of the American Institute of Chemical Engineers, with more than 35 years of experience focusing on desalination, bioseparations, ion exchange, high purity water production, produced water treatment, membrane plants technical support, electrochemical fuel cells and polymers. Rajindar received post-graduate degrees in chemical engineering and bioengineering from the Univeristy of Massachusetts, Amherst, USA. He is the co-inventor of six patents, and has published 40 journal papers and three books. Professor Nicholas Hankins is an Associate Professor of Chemical Engineering at The University of Oxford, and a Tutorial Fellow in Engineering at Lady Margaret Hall. He is Research Director of the Oxford Centre for Sustainable Water Engineering at Oxford University, and is the Oxford Director of the Singapore-Peking-Oxford Research enterprise. He is a Chartered Chemical Engineer, with over 26 years of research experience in industry and academia. His research has focused on the application of membranes, colloids, surfactants and interfaces to sustainable processes for potable water and wastewater treatment. He has published over 40 refereed journal articles and three chapters in books. He is Co Editor in Chief of the Elsevier Journal of Water Process Engineering and sits on the editorial board of Desalination, Desalination and Water Treatment, and Water. He is the founding chairman and organizer of the Oxford Water and Membranes Research Event, which he has run biennially since 2006.
- PublisherElsevier Science & Technology
- Date of Publication15/03/2016
- SubjectCivil Engineering & Environmental Engineering
- Place of PublicationOxford
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintElsevier Science Ltd
- Content NoteIllustrated
- Weight1180 g
- Width190 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine30 mm
- Edited byNicholas Hankins,Rajindar Singh
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $34.87
- AU $30.28Trending at AU $30.98
- AU $29.06Trending at AU $39.03
- AU $28.63Trending at AU $30.29
- AU $32.21Trending at AU $40.50
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $24.21
- AU $29.54Trending at AU $34.80
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.