All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionEmerging Metropolis tells the story of New York's emergence as the greatest Jewish city of all time. It explores the Central European and East European Jews' encounter with New York City, tracing immigrants' ecomic, social, religious, political, and cultural adaptation between 1840 and 1920. This meticulously researched volume shows how Jews wove their ambitions and aspirations-for freedom, security, and material prosperity-into the very fabric and physical landscape of the city.
- Author BiographyAnnie Polland is Senior Vice President for Programs and Education at the Lower East Side Tenement Museum. Daniel Soyer is associate professor of history at Fordham University. He is the author of Jewish Immigrant Associations and American Identity in New York, 1880-1939.
- Author(s)Annie Polland,Daniel Soyer
- PublisherNew York University Press
- Date of Publication01/09/2013
- SubjectSociology & Anthropology: Professional
- Series TitleCity of Promises
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintNew York University Press
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations, colour illustrations
- Weight771 g
- Width3895 mm
- Height5830 mm
- Spine33 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $33.32New
- AU $30.40New
- AU $23.03New
- AU $30.87New
- AU $21.83New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $11.99Trending at AU $13.96
- AU $39.11Trending at AU $43.47
- AU $60.88Trending at AU $63.18
- AU $49.18Trending at AU $52.81
- AU $15.95Trending at AU $23.03
- AU $24.58Trending at AU $30.87
- AU $20.89Trending at AU $24.28
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.