Emerging Powers in a Comparative Perspective: The Political and Economic Rise of the BRIC Countries by Continuum Publishing Corporation (Paperback, 2013)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $35.07Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by the_nile
- Est. delivery by 13 Feb
- AU $25.95+ AU $7.99 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe book examines the rising influence of emerging powers in global politics, with a special focus on the BRIC countries (Brazil, Russia, India, China). Chapters contributed by international scholars first look at the changing status of the US in the 21st century and at the EU as both an emerging and invative power. China's rising power status, India's regional and global influence, Russia's re-emergence, and Brazil's growing regional and international role are then analyzed comparatively to explain how the BRIC states are poised to become vital players t only in politics and ecomy, but also in key international concerns such as terrorism, globalization, and climate change. The book provides a detailed analysis of political, ecomic, security, and foreign policy trends in the BRIC countries to address such questions as to whether they will seek to revise the international order or work within it and how they will deal with transnational global problems. Using a unique comparative approach, the text will appeal to undergraduate students in world politics, international relations, and foreign policy.
- Author BiographyNorma C. Noonan is Professor of Political Science, and Director, M.A. in Leadership Studies and Center for Leadership Studies, Augsburg College, USA. Her areas of interest include Russia, Russian foreign policy, political leadership, women and leadership. She has published numerous articles and a book, Women in Russian Politics and Society, for which she was a major contributor and co-editor, with Greenwood Press.
- PublisherContinuum Publishing Corporation
- Date of Publication14/02/2013
- SubjectPolitics & Government: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintContinuum Publishing Corporation
- Weight413 g
- Width153 mm
- Height228 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Edited byNorma Corigliano Noonan,Vidya Nadkarni
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $79.89Trending at AU $90.22
- AU $17.51Trending at AU $30.26
- AU $18.30Trending at AU $24.34
- AU $31.46Trending at AU $40.54
- AU $22.32Trending at AU $36.99
- AU $40.81Trending at AU $45.02
- AU $16.90Trending at AU $20.15
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.