All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis book provides a preview of emerging wireless techlogies and their architectural impact on the future mobile Internet. The reader will find an overview of architectural considerations for the mobile Internet, along with more detailed technical discussion of new protocol concepts currently being considered at the research stage. The first chapter starts with a discussion of anticipated mobile/wireless usage scenarios, leading to an identification of new protocol features for the future Internet. This is followed by several chapters that provide in-depth coverage of next-generation wireless standards, ad hoc and mesh network protocols, opportunistic delivery and delay tolerant networks, sensor network architectures and protocols, cognitive radio networks, vehicular networks, security and privacy, and experimental systems for future Internet research. Each of these contributed chapters includes a discussion of new networking requirements for the wireless scenario under consideration, architectural concepts and specific protocol designs, many still at research stage.
- Author BiographyDipankar Raychaudhuri is Professor-II of Electrical and Computer Engineering and Director of the Wireless Information Network Lab (WINLAB) at Rutgers University. He is widely recognized as a leader in the future Internet research field and has lectured extensively on the topic at both national and international forums. During 2005-07, he organized the 'Wireless Mobile Planning Group (WMPG)' workshops at WINLAB, which inspired and set the stage for much of the content in this book. More recently, as of September 2010, he has been leading a multi-institutional National Science Foundation-sponsored Future Internet Architecture (FIA) project called 'MobilityFirst' aimed at synthesis and proof-of-concept prototyping of a comprehensive new mobility-centric network architecture. Mario Gerla is a Professor in the Computer Science Department at the University of California, Los Angeles. He has led the ONR MINUTEMAN project, designing the next-generation scalable airborne Internet for tactical and homeland defense scenarios and two advanced wireless network projects under U.S. Army and IBM funding. Dr. Gerla is an active participant in future Internet research activities in the United States, co-hosting the NSF Wireless Mobile Planning Group (WMPG) workshops in 2005-07. His research group is an active contributor to the emerging field of vehicular networking and is credited with the 'CarTorrent' protocol for peer-to-peer file transfer and downloading from vehicles.
- PublisherCambridge University Press
- Date of Publication07/03/2011
- SubjectComputer Communications & Networking
- Place of PublicationCambridge
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCambridge University Press
- Content Note100 b/w illus. 5 tables
- Weight620 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine23 mm
- Edited byDipankar Raychaudhuri,Mario Gerla
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $38.44Trending at AU $43.76
- AU $35.05Trending at AU $36.61
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $34.87
- AU $22.22Trending at AU $30.98
- AU $29.06Trending at AU $39.03
- AU $20.74Trending at AU $24.25
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $24.21
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.