All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionAn enchanting tale with a fabulous monster, engaging characters, plenty of mermaid magic, and a page-turning story, Liz Kessler's new middle-grade fantasy has all the charm and warmth of its predecessor, THE TAIL OF EMILY WINDSNAP. Picture an island set in a glittering blue sea, sparkling with white sand and palm trees, a secret place where humans and merfolk live together and where a girl who grows a mermaid's tail when she enters the water is t considered a problem. To Emily Windsnap - half mermaid, half human - her new home is perfect. That is, until Emily ruins everything by waking a legendary sea monster kwn as the Kraken from its hundred-year sleep. As the Kraken rises from the deep, putting the future of the islanders in jeopardy, Emily makes a desperate attempt to save them. But how could she have dreamed that her best friend, Shona, would stop talking to her, or that Mandy Rushton, her old enemy from junior high, would turn up when least expected?
- Author BiographyLIZ KESSLER's first book, THE TAIL OF EMILY WINDSNAP, was published in ten countries. Of EMILY WINDSNAP AND THE MONSTER FROM THE DEEP, she says, I always knew that Emily's story wasn't finished at the end of the first book. I really wanted to explore the idea of an island where humans and merfolk lived together in peace. I also knew that there was a detail I was missing. Then I happened to see an in-flight video about a theme park with a ride called the Kraken, and I instantly knew that this creature was the missing ingredient. Liz Kessler lives on a canal boat in the countryside just outside Manchester, England, where she is working on her third book, EMILY WINDSNAP AND THE CASTLE IN THE MIST.
- Author(s)Liz Kessler
- PublisherCandlewick Press,U.S.
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectChildren's Fiction
- Series TitleEmily Windsnap
- Series Part/Volume Number02
- Place of PublicationCambrudge, MA
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCandlewick Press,U.S.
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight181 g
- Width130 mm
- Height190 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Illustrator(s)Sarah Gibb
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
Best-selling in Other Children & Young Adults
Save on Other Children & Young Adults
- AU $247.00Trending at AU $288.91
- AU $29.99Trending at AU $49.76
- AU $11.95Trending at AU $15.69
- AU $49.61Trending at AU $52.62
- AU $31.61Trending at AU $38.35
- AU $42.83Trending at AU $43.98
- AU $27.37Trending at AU $30.59
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.