All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionEmmanuel Ofosu Yeboah's inspiring true story which was turned into a film, Emmanuel's Gift, narrated by Oprah Winfrey is thing short of remarkable. Born in Ghana, West Africa, with one deformed leg, he was dismissed by most people but t by his mother, who taught him to reach for his dreams. As a boy, Emmanuel hopped to school more than two miles each way, learned to play soccer, left home at age thirteen to provide for his family, and, eventually, became a cyclist. He rode an astonishing four hundred miles across Ghana in 2001, spreading his powerful message: disability is t inability. Today, Emmanuel continues to work on behalf of the disabled. Thompson's lyrical prose and Qualls's bold collage illustrations offer a powerful celebration of triumphing over adversity. Includes an author's te with more information about Emmanuel's charity.
- Author BiographyLaurie Ann Thompson is the author of Be a Changemaker: How to Start Something That Matters, a how-to guide for teens who want to change the world. An advocate for social justice, Laurie is dedicated to inspiring and empowering young readers. Emmanuel's Dream is her picture-book debut. Visit her at lauriethompson.com. Sean Qualls has illustrated many highly acclaimed children's books, including Giant Steps to Change the World by Spike Lee and Tonya Lewis Lee, Lullaby by Langston Hughes, and Before John Was a Jazz Giant by Carole Boston Weatherford, which was named a Coretta Scott King Illustrator Honor Book. Sean also created the art for Dizzy by Jonah Winter, which received five starred reviews, and Freedom Song by Sally M. Walker. Learn more at seanqualls.com.
- Author(s)Laurie Ann Thompson,Sean Qualls
- PublisherRandom House USA Inc
- Date of Publication05/02/2015
- SubjectPicture Books
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSchwartz & Wade
- Content Noteillustrations throughout
- Weight431 g
- Width229 mm
- Height286 mm
- Spine13 mm
Best-selling in Other Children & Young Adults
Save on Other Children & Young Adults
- AU $138.24Trending at AU $168.18
- AU $15.16Trending at AU $23.66
- AU $33.79Trending at AU $49.55
- AU $24.21Trending at AU $29.47
- AU $3.99Trending at AU $6.49
- AU $20.71Trending at AU $24.23
- AU $15.62Trending at AU $17.57
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.