All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis workbook was developed in response to requests by clients for guidance in processing upsetting events that occur between therapy sessions. The questions in the journal section are meant to guide you in examining your internal experience during or while reflecting on challenging or unsettling life events. Often times, reflection on something painful leads to more pain in the form of judgment (of self or others), rumination (re-playing the event over and over), avoidance (pretending the circumstance never occurred) and/or repressing or impulsively acting on feelings in ways that hurt the self and relationships. What if troubling life events could be transformed into an opportunity for the creation of a relationship with self and others that is reflective, respectful, n-judgmental and compassionate and deeply valuing of freedom in the experiencing of healthy emotion? In this workbook, you will be given tools for differentiating between the kind of reflection that supports relationship (with self and others) and the kind of reflection that leads to the various symptoms that often bring people into therapy: anxiety, depression, lack of motivation, relationship difficulties etc.
- Author BiographyBridget Quebodeaux, MA, GCFP, MFTI has been a Feldenkrais Awareness Through Movement teacher since 1996 and a certified Feldenkrais Practitioner since 1998. She is a Marriage and Family Therapy Registered Intern (#74660) under the supervision of Anne Galbraith (LMFT #40830). Bridget sees adults (individuals and couples) in her West Los Angeles office. Bridget teaches classes on mindfulness and movement for the general public and mental health professionals. She has presented her work to students at USC, Pepperdine University and the AAMFT Student Conference and to interns and trainees at Los Angeles mental health clinics including OPICA and Edleman Westside Mental Health. Bridget has completed over 4 years of training in Dynamic Emotion Focused Therapy (DEFT). She has completed Pat Ogden's Sensorimotor Psychotherapy training for the treatment of trauma and a training in Psychosynthesis through Psychosynthesis Palo Alto. She is Level I certified in Psychobiological Approach to Couple Therapy.
- Author(s)Bridget Quebodeaux
- PublisherCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Date of Publication25/09/2015
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectPopular Psychology
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Content Notecolour illustrations
- Weight141 g
- Width216 mm
- Height279 mm
- Spine2 mm
- Illustrator(s)Jackson Hammill,Roman Hammill
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $192.00Trending at AU $201.92
- AU $67.99Trending at AU $70.91
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $79.14
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $84.09
- AU $64.76Trending at AU $68.94
- AU $76.88Trending at AU $78.43
- AU $108.88Trending at AU $111.46
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.