All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $72.55Trending at AU $74.74
- AU $26.74Trending at AU $36.40
- AU $23.06Trending at AU $25.46
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.65
- AU $12.94Trending at AU $16.44
- AU $26.68Trending at AU $29.36
- AU $19.92Trending at AU $27.46
About this product
- DescriptionAlthough much academic work has been done on the areas of mind, brain, and society, a theoretical synthesis of the three levels of analysis - the biological, the mental, and the social - has t until w been put forward. In Emotion and Reason, Warren TenHouten presents a truly comprehensive classification of the emotions. The book analyzes six key emotions: anger, acceptance, aggressiveness, love, joy and happiness, and anticipation. It places them in historical context, relates them to situations of work and intimacy, and explains their functioning within an individuated, automous character structure. Divided into four parts, the book presents a socioevolutionary theory of the emotions - Affect-spectrum Theory (AST), which is based on a synthesis of three models, of the emotions, of social relationships, and of cognition. This book will be of value to undergraduate and postgraduate students, as well as researchers, with an interest in the sociology of emotions, anthropology of emotions, social psychology, affective neuroscience, political science, behavioral neuroecomics and philosophy.
- Author BiographyWarren D. TenHouten, Professor Emeritus of Sociology at the University of California at Los Angeles, is the author of nearly 100 publications, including Time and Society (2005) and A General Theory of Emotions and Social Life (2007). His interdisciplinary research interests have spanned the sociology of time, neurosociology, creativity, and life-historical and historiometric research methodology. His current work concerns emotions and the foundations of human rationality.
- Author(s)Warren D. TenHouten
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication31/08/2014
- SubjectPsychology: Professional & General
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Note10 black & white illustrations, 7 black & white tables, 10 black & white line drawings
- Weight453 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine18 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.