All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe counterintuitive approach to achieving your true potential, heralded by the Harvard Business Review as a groundbreaking idea of the year. The path to personal and professional fulfillment is rarely straight. Ask anyone who has achieved his or her biggest goals or whose relationships thrive and you ll hear stories of many unexpected detours along the way. What separates those who master these challenges and those who get derailed? The answer is agility emotional agility. Emotional agility is a revolutionary, science-based approach that allows us to navigate life s twists and turns with self-acceptance, clear-sightedness, and an open mind. Rewned psychologist Susan David developed this concept after studying emotions, happiness, and achievement for more than twenty years. She found that matter how intelligent or creative people are, or what type of personality they have, it is how they navigate their inner world their thoughts, feelings, and self-talk that ultimately determines how successful they will become. The way we respond to these internal experiences drives our actions, careers, relationships, happiness, health everything that matters in our lives. As humans, we are all prone to common hooks things like self-doubt, shame, sadness, fear, or anger that can too easily steer us in the wrong direction. Emotionally agile people are t immune to stresses and setbacks. The key difference is that they kw how to adapt, aligning their actions with their values and making small but powerful changes that lead to a lifetime of growth. Emotional agility is t about igring difficult emotions and thoughts; it s about holding them loosely, facing them courageously and compassionately, and then moving past them to bring the best of yourself forward. Drawing on her deep research, decades of international consulting, and her own experience overcoming adversity after losing her father at a young age, David shows how anyone can thrive in an uncertain world by becoming more emotionally agile. To guide us, she shares four key concepts that allow us to ackwledge uncomfortable experiences while simultaneously detaching from them, thereby allowing us to embrace our core values and adjust our actions so they can move us where we truly want to go. Written with authority, wit, and empathy, Emotional Agility serves as a road map for real behavioral change a new way of acting that will help you reach your full potential, whoever you are and whatever you face. From the Hardcover edition.
- Author BiographySusan David, Ph.D., is a psychologist on the faculty of Harvard Medical School; cofounder and codirector of the Institute of Coaching at McLean Hospital; and CEO of Evidence Based Psychology, a boutique business consultancy. An in-demand speaker and advisor, David has worked with the senior leadership of hundreds of major organizations, including the United Nations, Ernst & Young, and the World Economic Forum. Her work has been featured in numerous publications, includingHarvard Business Review, Time, Fast Company, andThe Wall Street Journal. Originally from South Africa, she lives outside Boston with her family. From the Hardcover edition.
- Author(s)Co-Director Susan David
- PublisherPenguin Audiobooks
- Date of Publication06/09/2016
- SubjectPopular Psychology
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintPenguin Audiobooks
- Weight249 g
- Width127 mm
- Height190 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Read byCo-Director Susan David
- Contained items statement8 Audio CDs
- Format DetailsCD standard audio format
- Running Time570
Best-selling in Audio Books
- AU $46.47New
- AU $24.95New
- AU $31.69New
- AU $14.60New
Save on Audio Books
- AU $47.29Trending at AU $51.38
- AU $38.88Trending at AU $47.55
- AU $18.49Trending at AU $20.32
- AU $30.99Trending at AU $36.13
- AU $31.89Trending at AU $37.13
- AU $22.68Trending at AU $24.22
- AU $12.02Trending at AU $22.22
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.