All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionLearning to interpret and understand our own emotions is the most important step toward self-kwledge. But the repression of feelings that is often encouraged in modern society has made it surprisingly difficult for many of us to attain this essential goal. In Emotional Enlightenment, psychologist Jane Birdsell dissects feelings in such a way as to reveal what they really are, how they develop, what causes them, and how to manage them when they are negative. This enables you to become an expert on your own emotions, leading to a sense of control and self-confidence. It also empowers you to interpret the emotional experience of others allowing you to more fully understand them. This self-awareness and understanding of others is the key to success in your personal and professional life.
- Author BiographyJane Birdsell has been a Nursing Instructor, a Public Health Nurse, and a mother of two children. After her children started school, she obtained a Masters degree in Counselling Psychology from the University of Calgary. For 25 years, she worked as a psychologist conducting her own private counselling practice and teaching Personal Development Seminars. At The University of Calgary, Division of Continuing Education, she taught a course for 18 years called Understanding Self-Esteem: A Discussion and Information Course for Women. She also taught Enhancing Personal and Professional Effectiveness (for men and women) for 14 years.
- Author(s)Jane Birdsell
- PublisherAscend Publishing
- Date of Publication05/05/2012
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectPsychology: Professional & General
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintAscend Publishing
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight181 g
- Width129 mm
- Height198 mm
- Spine10 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $57.99Trending at AU $62.11
- AU $34.68Trending at AU $36.61
- AU $73.14Trending at AU $74.82
- AU $50.28Trending at AU $53.01
- AU $31.88Trending at AU $40.50
- AU $37.59Trending at AU $40.09
- AU $34.15Trending at AU $35.14
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.