All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis edited volume brings together work from leading scholars and new voices in the field of emotional intelligence. It examines emotional intelligence from the perspectives of educational psychology and positive psychology, with integrations across the two disciplines. Viewing emotional intelligence through these frameworks allows and illuminates the exploration of its positive potential and of emotional processing in contexts such as schools and workplaces. Readers will find leading empirical and theoretical views on emotional intelligence presented in this comprehensive collection, as well as inspiration for future research.
- Author BiographyThe Editors: Jerrell C. Cassady is Associate Professor of Psychology in the Department of Educational Psychology at Ball State University. He has published five book chapters and over 30 articles in professional peer-review journals. His research examines several core topics around maximizing student learning potential and focuses on the topics of academic anxiety; using learner-focused technology to enhance learning; and supporting teachers' uses of learning materials to meet the unique needs of their students. Dr. Cassady is the Director of the Academic Anxiety Research Center, co-editor of The Teacher Educator, and provides research and evaluation support to several programs with a national focus. He has also received the 2007 Mensa Education and Research Foundation Award for Excellence in Research. Mourad Ali Eissa is the head of the Centre of Quality and Accreditation, Zagazig University, Egypt. He has authored and co-authored 38 books, including a series of 12 books investigating special needs learners' processing patterns, or how the special needs brain learns . His work on supporting students with special needs has examined the role of multiple intelligences, emotional intelligence, learning styles, and dyslexia. He also published a set of four books on research methods for psychology, developmental psychology, cognitive psychology, and child psychology. He is widely known for work exploring the use of educational technology to support learning for students with learning disabilities or other special needs.
- PublisherPeter Lang Publishing Inc
- Date of Publication01/05/2008
- SubjectPsychology: Professional & General
- Series TitleCounterpoints
- Series Part/Volume Number336
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintPeter Lang Publishing Inc
- Weight340 g
- Width160 mm
- Height230 mm
- Edited byJerrell C. Cassady,Mourad Ali Eissa
- Edition Statement1st New edition
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $35.02Trending at AU $36.60
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $35.92
- AU $28.63Trending at AU $30.29
- AU $31.89Trending at AU $40.49
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $24.21
- AU $37.60Trending at AU $40.07
- AU $34.16Trending at AU $35.13
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.