Emotional and Behavioral Problems: A Handbook for Understanding and Handling Students by Richard L. Simpson, Paul Zionts, Laura T. Zionts (Paperback, 2002)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $49.03Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by wordery
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $24.23+ AU $28.99 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by whattaplace
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- Description'This book is an excellent overview of a very complex area. It is a useful guide to identifying and treating with emotional and behavioural disorders (EBD), and is particularly outstanding on topic related to the educational system and the numerous laws and policies surrounding the education of children who have EBD.This book will serve the field well' - Krista Kutash, Deputy Director and Associate Professor Research and Training Centre for Children's Mental Health, Louis de la Parte Florida Mental Health Institute, Tampa, Florida Emotional and Behavioral Problems is designed to be a resource for persons dealing with children and adolescents who have emotional and//or behavioural disabilities. This book is invaluable to professionals dealing with children in all situations as well as to families.The information provided about childhood and adolescent emotional and behavioural problems is both straightforward and basic.
- Author BiographyPaul Zionts is a professor of special education and Chairperson of the Department of Educational Foundations and Special Services at Kent State University. He has been a teacher in a reform school and an inner-city high school, a program director, consultant, and teacher trainer. He has lectured and provided training in local, state, and national events and has conducted hundreds of workshops that have included teachers, counselors, psycho- logists, social workers, administrators, parents, secretaries, and bus drivers. He has authored Teaching Disturbed and Disturbing Students (2nd edition) and Inclusion Strategies for Students with Learning and Behavior Problems, and he has coauthored with Richard Simpson both Autism (2nd edition) and Understanding Children and Youth with Emotional and Behavioral Problems. Laura Zionts, PhD, is an assistant professor at Texas A&M University in the Department of Educational Psychology's Special Education, At-Risk and Bilingual Education program. She has worked with students who have emotional and behavioral disorders as a classroom teacher and a transition specialist. She has enjoyed teaching in both early elementary and secondary classrooms in mostly urban settings. Her primary area of research is the disproportionate representation of minority youth in programs for children and youth with behavioral disorders. Richard L. Simpson is Professor of Special Education at the University of Kansas. He has also served as director of special education programs at the University of Kansas Medical Center and chair of the Special Education Department at the University of Kansas. He has worked as a special education teacher, school psy-chologist, and clinical psychologist. He has also served as senior editor of the professional journal Focus on Autism and Other Developmental Disabilities. The author of numerous books and articles on autism spectrum disorders, Dr. Simpson was the 2002 recipient of the International Council for Exceptional Children Research Award and the Midwest Symposium for Leadership in Behavior Disorders Outstanding Professional Leadership Award.
- Author(s)Laura T. Zionts,Paul Zionts,Richard L. Simpson
- PublisherSAGE Publications Inc
- Date of Publication01/03/2002
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Place of PublicationThousand Oaks
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCorwin Press Inc
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight451 g
- Width178 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine13 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
Best-selling in Textbooks
- AU $203.69New
Marketing Management: an Asian Perspective by Swee Hoon Ang, Kevin Lane Keller, Siew-Meng Leong, Chin Tiong Tan, Philip Kotler (Paperback, 2013)
- AU $75.71New
- AU $61.33Used
- AU $93.50New
- AU $101.60New
- AU $70.98New
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $82.10
- AU $22.41Trending at AU $23.51
- AU $114.99Trending at AU $120.22
- AU $88.13Trending at AU $90.65
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $78.54
- AU $39.20Trending at AU $50.30
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $75.71
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.