Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $79.99Trending at AU $85.84
- AU $52.60Trending at AU $60.76
- AU $36.85Trending at AU $50.53
- AU $12.90Trending at AU $15.61
- AU $29.06Trending at AU $31.31
- AU $8.87Trending at AU $15.80
- AU $14.10Trending at AU $17.43
About this product
- DescriptionIn eleventh century Constantiple, treachery and subterfuge are the hallmarks of courtly intrigue. Newly wed Justin Phillipos is a heavy cavalryman who, along with several other comrades and his best friend, fellow horseman Peter Argyropoulos, is about to be hored for his bravery at the court of Emperor Romas Diogenes. As he kisses his wife Eleni farewell, he has idea that their lives will soon be in great peril. Romas has a shaky hold on his power as he and his allies grow more unpopular. His demise is plotted by many. He sees a military victory against the marauding Seljuk Turks as the only way to bolster his waning power. He pulls Justin and Peter into a secret meeting in the Basilica Cistern and reveals to them the political intrigue of which they are w a part. Romas assigns them to the command of Andronikos Dukas, one of the chief conspirators plotting the emperor's demise. Eleni will be held in custody at the Palace Bucoleon by Empress Evdokia. She fears she will never see her husband again. As this epic drama unfolds across two continents, only time will tell if the military gambit will succeed or the plotting of antagonists will topple the precarious empire. Will the young soldiers survive? Will wife and husband share ather passionate embrace?
- Author(s)George Vasil
- Date of Publication01/11/2012
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight649 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine25 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.