Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $28.95+ AU $29.00 postage
- Very good condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
Best-selling in Audio Books
Save on Audio Books
- AU $21.43Trending at AU $27.06
- AU $33.01Trending at AU $39.52
- AU $11.42Trending at AU $14.09
- AU $14.83Trending at AU $18.35
- AU $18.79Trending at AU $25.47
- AU $28.03Trending at AU $45.33
- AU $28.03Trending at AU $36.20
About this product
- DescriptionXiang Li Cheng, the President of the People's Republic of China, has both a problem and a plan in Rick Campbell's thrilling Empire Rising. The problem is that the limited supply of oil available to China is threatening to derail his country's ecomic growth and prosperity. But to secure access to those resources, he must contend with powerful U.S. Navy and the Pacific Fleet. After a decades-long largely secret military build up, Cheng sets his plan in motion by suddenly invading Taiwan and drawing the Pacific Fleet in to its defense. With a faster, larger fleet with more capable long range missiles, China is able to surprise and quickly overwhelm the American fast attack fleet, all but wiping out the U.S. forces on deployment. Then China turns to its real objective - invasion and expansion across Asia, starting with the four main Islands of Japan. While the Atlantic Fleet surges westward to defend its allies and respond to the destruction of their counterparts, it falls to an unlikely alliance of three people to stop this incursion and prevent World War III. National Security Advisor Christine O'Conr has critical information, but she's trapped in Beijing; Captain Murray Wilson, C.O. of the submarine USS Georgia must somehow infiltrate the Chinese submarine blockade; and Navy SEAL Jake Harrison must lead a strike team into the most hostile of territories with only hours to implement the most daring plan ever.
- Author BiographyRick Campbell, a retired Navy Commander, spent more than twenty years on multiple submarine tours. On his last tour, he was one of the two men whose permission was required to launch the submarine's nuclear warhead-tipped missiles. Campbell is the author of The Trident Deception, Empire Rising and Ice Station Nautilus, and lives with his family in the greater Washington, D.C. area.
- Author(s)Rick Campbell
- PublisherMacMillan Audio
- Date of Publication24/02/2015
- SubjectCrime, Thriller & Adventure
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintMacMillan Audio
- Weight612 g
- Width130 mm
- Height157 mm
- Spine30 mm
- Read byJeff Gurner
- Contained items statement11 Audio CDs
- Format DetailsCD standard audio format
- Running Time780
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.