All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.77
- AU $69.53Trending at AU $85.78
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.10
- AU $35.12Trending at AU $54.44
- AU $17.60Trending at AU $22.00
- AU $35.62Trending at AU $37.37
- AU $49.76Trending at AU $53.75
About this product
- DescriptionEmpire of Dreams is the first definitive look at all of the science fiction, fantasy, and horror films directed by Steven Spielberg, one of the most popular and influential contemporary filmmakers. Spielberg helped spark the renaissance of these genres in the 1970s and 1980s and remains productive and prominent in them today. Following most of Spielberg's oeuvre as well as his audiences' reactions, this book shows that his appeal as a storyteller is primarily visceral and emotional-for he has found ways to tap into his own feelings and to evoke profound emotion in audiences.
- Author BiographyAndrew M. Gordon is associate professor of English at the University of Florida and director of the Institute for the Psychological Study of the Arts. He is the author of An American Dreamer: A Psychoanalytic Study of the Fiction of Norman Mailer, co-editor (with Peter Rudnytsky) of Psychoanalyses/Feminisms, and co-author (with Hernan Vera) of Screen Saviors: Hollywood Fictions of Whiteness, and has many articles and reviews on contemporary American fiction and film, particularly science-fiction film.
- Author(s)Andrew M. Gordon
- PublisherRowman & Littlefield
- Date of Publication15/09/2007
- SubjectFilm, TV & Radio
- Place of PublicationLanham, MD
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintRowman & Littlefield Publishers
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight494 g
- Width153 mm
- Height231 mm
- Spine19 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.