All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionPhilipp Mohl evaluates the macroecomic effects of EU Cohesion Policy with the help of empirical methods. His findings indicate that in particular the part of EU Cohesion Policy which is spent for the poorest regions (the so-called Objective 1 funding) has a positive and statistically significant impact on ecomic growth. Moreover, the employment effects of EU Cohesion Policy seem to be conditional on the educational attainment, i.e., in particular regions with a high share of high-skilled population tend to benefit from EU funds. Finally, the author does t find evidence that EU funds significantly increase public investment in the EU countries, which points to a crowding out of national investment. Overall, the gained insights contribute to a more profound understanding of the macroecomic effects of EU Cohesion Policy, which is essential to design an effective and efficient EU spending system.
- Author BiographyPhilipp Mohl holds Master's degrees in Economics and Political Science from the Free University Berlin. His Ph.D. thesis was supervised by Prof. Feld and Prof. Dreher, Faculty of Economics at the University of Heidelberg.
- Author(s)Philipp Mohl
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag Berlin and Heidelberg GmbH & Co. KG
- Date of Publication06/05/2016
- SubjectEconomics: Professional & General
- Country of PublicationGermany
- ImprintSpringer Gabler
- Content Note21 black & white illustrations, biography
- Weight254 g
- Width148 mm
- Height210 mm
- Spine11 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $79.64Trending at AU $111.11
- AU $35.06Trending at AU $40.71
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $78.04
- AU $18.76Trending at AU $24.44
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $49.03
- AU $16.98Trending at AU $18.30
- AU $51.96Trending at AU $53.08
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.