Empirical Research and Writing: A Political Science Student's Practical Guide by Leanne C. Powner (Paperback, 2015)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $45.15Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by simplybestprices-10to20dayshipping
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $54.95+ AU $7.95 postage
- Very good condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis book offers clear, detailed, and often entertaining instructions for formulating hypothesis, doing pre-research, selecting appropriate research designs, selecting cases, collecting and managing both qualitative and quantitative data, preparing data for analysis, writing up research findings, practicing peer review, and delivering findings in posters and presentations, and preparing work for publication. Each chapter contains interesting and useful examples (both hypothetical and real), exercises to help students apply what they've learned, and pedagogical features to inspire, instructor, and aid further research, including Peer Pointers (quotes from former students that illustrate aha! moments), Talking Tips (fundamental and surprising tip for research), and appendix materials that include formatting guidelines and a list of major data sources for political science. Making the book as turnkey as possible are downloadable student and instructor resources, including lesson plans and activities for instructors, solutions manual to in-text exercises, links to common citation guides, data sources, journals that publish student papers, and conferences where students can share papers and posters.
- Author BiographyLeanne C. Powner holds a Ph.D. in political science from the University of Michigan, where she specialized in international relations, comparative politics, and research methods. She has taught at a diverse range of institutions, including the College of Wooster, OH, where she was the Juliana Wilson Thompson Visiting Assistant Professor of Political Science, and American University's School of International Service and the Johns Hopkins University School of Advanced International Studies, where she specialized in teaching research methods. Her prior publications include the third (with D. Scott Bennett) and fourth editions of Applying the Strategic Perspective: Problems and Models (CQ Press, 2006 & 2010), along with a number of articles and papers on pedagogy, teaching practices, classroom techniques, and assessment appearing in PS: Political Science and Politics, International Studies Perspectives, and the Journal of Political Science Education. Powner was Webmaster for the Active Learning in International Affairs Section of the International Studies Association for seven years.
- Author(s)Leanne C. Powner
- PublisherSAGE Publications Inc
- Date of Publication07/01/2015
- SubjectPolitics: General & Reference
- Place of PublicationThousand Oaks
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSAGE Publications Inc
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight440 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine18 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Cravings: Recipes for All the Food You Want to Eat by Adeena Sussman, Chrissy Teigen (Hardback, 2016)
- AU $43.38New
- AU $30.34New
- AU $22.99New
- AU $30.81New
- AU $20.05New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $11.99Trending at AU $13.93
- AU $39.11Trending at AU $43.38
- AU $60.85Trending at AU $63.06
- AU $49.18Trending at AU $52.71
- AU $15.95Trending at AU $22.99
- AU $24.58Trending at AU $30.81
- AU $20.89Trending at AU $24.24
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.