Employees First, Customers Second: Turning Conventional Management Upside Down by Vineet Nayar (Hardback, 2010)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $33.12Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by oodals
- See details for delivery est.
Nearly newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $22.99Free postage
- Like new condition
- Sold by careerativity
- Est. delivery by 6 Mar
- AU $13.00Free postage
- Good condition
- Sold by book_fountain
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionMORE THAN 100,000 COPIES SOLD One small idea can ignite a revolution just as a single matchstick can start a fire. One such idea--putting employees first and customers second--sparked a revolution at HCL Techlogies, the IT services giant. In this candid and personal account, Vineet Nayar--HCLT's celebrated CEO--recounts how he defied the conventional wisdom that companies must put customers first, then turned the hierarchical pyramid upside down by making management accountable to the employees, and t the other way around. By doing so, Nayar fired the imagination of both employees and customers and set HCLT on a journey of transformation that has made it one of the fastest-growing and profitable global IT services companies and, according to BusinessWeek, one of the twenty most influential companies in the world. Chapter by chapter, Nayar recounts the exciting journey of how he and his team implemented the employee first philosophy by: * Creating a sense of urgency by enabling the employees to see the truth of the company's current state as well as feel the romance of its possible future state * Creating a culture of trust by pushing the envelope of transparency in communication and information sharing * Inverting the organizational hierarchy by making the management and the enabling functions accountable to the employee in the value zone * Unlocking the potential of the employees by fostering an entrepreneurial mind-set, decentralizing decision making, and transferring the ownership of change to the employee in the value zone Refreshingly honest and practical, this book offers valuable insights for managers seeking to realize their aspirations to grow faster and become self-propelled engines of change.
- Author BiographyVineet Nayar is the CEO of HCL Technologies Ltd., India's leading global IT Services Company. Fortune called his leadership style The World's Most Modern Management, and the London Business School labeled him the leader of organizational innovation. IDC recognized him as having the most cohesive and articulate vision in the IT services sector.
- Author(s)Vineet Nayar
- PublisherHarvard Business Review Press
- Date of Publication01/05/2010
- SubjectManagement Techniques: Professional
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintHarvard Business Review Press
- Weight342 g
- Width140 mm
- Height210 mm
- Spine22 mm
- Format DetailsCloth over boards
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $57.99Trending at AU $62.11
- AU $34.68Trending at AU $36.61
- AU $73.14Trending at AU $74.82
- AU $50.28Trending at AU $53.01
- AU $31.89Trending at AU $40.50
- AU $37.59Trending at AU $40.09
- AU $34.15Trending at AU $35.14
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.