All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionOf interest to anyone who wishes to understand more about employee rights and the revolutionizing of employment models, Employment and Employee Rights addresses the issue of rights in the workplace from the perspective of both employees and employers. In the process of exploring arguments for guaranteeing rights, the book examines the relational, developmental, and ecomic bases upon which they are founded. New dimensions of employment are also considered, including a model that incorporates growing workplace diversity, builds upon our understanding of the legal landscape, and expands upon our justifications for recognizing and protecting rights. Employment and Employee Rights defends employee rights as ecomic value added for employers and companies, and it suggests a model where employees engage in meaningful work, maintain their automy, and exercise a level of control over their employment.
- Author BiographyPatricia H. Werhane is the Ruffin Professor of Business Ethics in the Darden Graduate School of Business Administration at the University of Virginia. She is the founding editor and former editor-in-chief of Business Ethics Quarterly. She has written or edited 15 books including Moral Imagination and Management Decision-Making (1999). Tara J. Radin is an Assistant Professor of Management and General Business at the Zarb School of Business at Hofstra University. Her research encompasses topics such as employment, technology, and stakeholder theory, and includes publications in journals such as Business Ethics Quarterly and Journal of Business Ethics Norman E. Bowie is Elmer L. Andersen Chair in Corporate Responsibility at the University of Minnesota. He is the author of fourteen books and over seventy articles on business ethics and political philosophy. He was a fellow in the Program in Ethics and Professions at Harvard University.
- Author(s)Patricia H. Werhane,Professor Norman E. Bowie,Tara J. Radin
- PublisherJohn Wiley and Sons Ltd
- Date of Publication19/05/2003
- SubjectManagement & Business: General
- Series TitleFoundations of Business Ethics
- Place of PublicationOxford
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintBlackwell Publishers
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight474 g
- Width162 mm
- Height239 mm
- Spine22 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $61.65New
- AU $7.64New
- AU $20.61New
- AU $33.28New
- AU $29.94New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $59.99Trending at AU $61.65
- AU $3.99Trending at AU $7.64
- AU $40.94Trending at AU $51.58
- AU $32.35Trending at AU $51.03
- AU $29.54Trending at AU $29.94
- AU $56.72Trending at AU $63.10
- AU $49.30Trending at AU $52.75
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.