All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionDesigned for teachers of English Language Learners, Empower English Language Learners With Tools From the Web demonstrates how to use the powerful tools of Web 2.0 to motivate students and increase student learning. Focusing largely on Web 2.0 tools such as wikis, social networking spaces, and blogs, Lori Langer de Ramirez grounds her discussion in the framework of second language acquisition theory, constructivist learning theory, and the acquisition of 21st century skills. The book explains how techlogy tools can support learning goals while meeting TESOL standards and offers clear examples of how teachers can integrate these techlogies into the classroom. This research-based guide is filled with samples of student work, helpful strategies, and sample activities, projects, and lessons to help primary and secondary ELL teachers maximize techlogy with ELL students, t only for language, but also for improvement in other subjects and acquisition of 21st century skills.
- Author BiographyLori Langer de Ramirez began her career as a teacher of Spanish, French, and ESL. She is currently the chairperson of the ESL and World Language Department for Herricks Public Schools. Langer de Ramirez is the author of Take Action: Lesson Plans for the Multicultural Classroom and Voices of Diversity: Stories, Activities and Resources for the Multicultural Classroom (Pearson), as well as several Spanish-language books and texts (Cuentame - Folklore y Fabulas and Mi abuela ya no esta). She has contributed to many textbooks and written numerous articles about second-language pedagogy and methodology. Her interactive Web site (www.miscositas.com) offers teachers over 40 virtual picturebooks, videos, wiki and blog links, and other curricular materials for teaching Chinese, English, French, Indonesian, Italian, Spanish, and Thai. In the past decade, Langer de Ramirez has presented over 50 workshops, staff development trainings, and addresses at local, regional, and national conferences and in schools throughout the United States (Connecticut, Illinois, Iowa, Massachusetts, New Jersey, New Mexico, New York, Pennsylvania, Tennessee, Texas, Virginia, Washington DC) and abroad (Puerto Rico, Thailand, Venezuela). She is the recipient of the Nelson Brooks Award for Excellence in the Teaching of Culture; several National Endowment for the Humanities grants for study in Mexico, Colombia, and Senegal; and a Fulbright Award to India and Nepal. Her areas of research and curriculum development are multicultural and diversity education, folktales in the language classroom, and technology in language teaching. She holds a master's degree in applied linguistics and a doctorate in curriculum and teaching from Teachers College, Columbia University.
- PublisherSAGE Publications Inc
- Date of Publication19/01/2010
- SubjectELT Course Materials
- Place of PublicationThousand Oaks
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCorwin Press Inc
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations, black & white tables, figures
- Weight522 g
- Width216 mm
- Height280 mm
- Spine10 mm
- Edited byLori Langer de Ramirez
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $99.00Trending at AU $101.34
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $79.83
- AU $104.88Trending at AU $108.49
- AU $67.99Trending at AU $71.54
- AU $61.99Trending at AU $63.88
- AU $95.88Trending at AU $99.78
- AU $89.90Trending at AU $112.50
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.