All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $43.72
- AU $70.98Trending at AU $87.50
- AU $62.89Trending at AU $77.17
- AU $78.98Trending at AU $85.01
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.03
- AU $34.78Trending at AU $42.43
- AU $21.43Trending at AU $24.76
About this product
- DescriptionThis book provides basic answers to a wide range of questions about self-directed teams: how they work; what makes them effective; when they are and aren't worth using; how to get them going; and how to maintain their vigour and productivity over the long haul. Drawing on a survey of 500 organizations that are using self-directed teams (conducted jointly with the Association for Quality and Participation and Industry Week ), the authors reveal how organizations of all kinds - blue-collar and white-collar, established operations and new businesses - are using teams to improve quality, productivity, and morale. They provide hands-on guidance in designing, implementing and maintaining self-directed teams, including ways to address challenges inherent in the empowerment process, such as the need for extensive training and new leadership roles.
- Author BiographyRICHARD S. WELLINS is senior vice president of programs and marketing for Development Dimensions International (DDI). WILLIAM C. BYHAM, author of the best-selling ZAPP! The Lightning of Empowerment, is president and co-founder of DDI. JEANNE M. WILSON leads DDI's Employee Development Group.
- Author(s)Jeanne M. Wilson,Richard S. Wellins,William C. Byham
- PublisherJohn Wiley & Sons Inc
- Date of Publication12/07/1991
- SubjectManagement Techniques: Professional
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintJossey-Bass Inc.,U.S.
- Out-of-print date23/08/2001
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight569 g
- Width158 mm
- Height241 mm
- Spine25 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.