All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $43.90
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $87.85
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.47
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.18
- AU $78.98Trending at AU $85.35
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.34
- AU $34.78Trending at AU $42.60
About this product
- DescriptionEmpowering Family-Teacher Partnerships: Building Connections Within Diverse Communities prepares students to work collaboratively with families and community professionals in support of children's early education and development. Students are invited to develop a personal philosophy of family involvement to guide their work with families and to join a community of learners in relying upon their collective insights and problem-solving skills to address family involvement challenges. prepares students to work collaboratively with families and community professionals in support of children's early education and development. Students are invited to develop a personal philosophy of family involvement to guide their work with families and to join a community of learners in relying upon their collective insights and problem-solving skills to address family involvement challenges. The author takes a student-centered approach to delivering substantive information and framing activities, providing: (a) comprehensive coverage of the diversity of family lives represented in classrooms and strategies for working with those families; - challenges to family involvement and strategies for addressing them; - strategies for communicating effectively with and empowering families, and - reflections, activities, tip boxes, and field assignments designed to facilitate students' skills in building positive family-school-community partnerships.
- Author BiographyMick Coleman (Ph.D., The University of Georgia), Professor at The University of Georgia, retired from the Department of Human Development and Family Science in 2012. Dr. Coleman's book originated from his involvement in an interdisciplinary teacher training program at the University of Georgia. His duties in this program included teaching the course Families, Schools and Communities and supervising student teachers in the public schools. Dr. Coleman has published journal articles, books and training manuals related to family-teacher partnerships. He has also made presentations on this topic at regional, national and international meetings.
- Author(s)Mick Coleman
- PublisherSAGE Publications Inc
- Date of Publication28/04/2012
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Place of PublicationThousand Oaks
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSAGE Publications Inc
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight771 g
- Width203 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine23 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.