All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $44.05
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $88.14
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.73
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.43
- AU $82.89Trending at AU $85.64
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.61
- AU $34.73Trending at AU $42.75
About this product
- DescriptionLaunched in middle schools in the fall of 2005, the Writers Matter approach was designed to discover ways to improve the fit between actual English curricula, district/state standards and, more recently, the Common Core Curriculum Standards for writing instruction. Adapted from Erin Gruwell's successful Freedom Writers Program, Writers Matter develops students' skills in the context of personal growth, understanding others, and making broader connections to the world. Empowering Young Writers explains and expands on the practical aspects of the Writers Matter approach, emphasizing a focus on free expression and establishing connections between the curriculum and students' personal lives. Program creator Robert Vogel, and his co-authors offer proven ways to motivate adolescents to write, work diligently to improve their writing skills, and think more critically about the world. This comprehensive book will help teachers, administrators, and education students apply and reproduce the Writers Matter approach more broadly, which can have a profound impact on their students' lives and social development.
- Author BiographyDeborah S. Yost is a Professor of Education at La Salle University. She served as the primary researcher for Writers Matters over the past several years. Robert Vogel is a Professor of Education, Founding Director of Writers Matter Program and Co-Director of Leadership and Global Understanding Minor at La Salle University. Kimberly E. Lewinski is an Assistant Professor of Education at La Salle University and serves as Assistant Director for the Writers Matter Program.
- Author(s)Deborah S Yost,Kimberly E Lewinski,Robert Vogel
- PublisherTemple University Press,U.S.
- Date of Publication07/03/2014
- SubjectUsage & Writing Guides
- Place of PublicationPhiladelphia PA
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintTemple University Press,U.S.
- Content Noteblack & white halftones
- Weight408 g
- Width3887 mm
- Height5817 mm
- Spine458 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.