All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionEmpowerment Evaluation in the Digital Villages analyzes a $15 million community change initiative designed to bridge the digital divide in East Palo Alto, East Baltimore, and San Diego. Involving a partnership between Hewlett-Packard, Stanford University, and three ethnically diverse communities, this initiative enabled its constituencies to build their own techlogy-oriented businesses, improve their education systems, and improve their ecomic health. While examining this large-scale, multi-site case, Fetterman highlights the potential for empowerment evaluation to build local capacity and sustain improvements within communities. He provides deep insights into key steps in empowerment evaluation by exploring the way that each of these phases took place in the digital villages. Additionally, the text provides evaluators with real-world stories and practical advice from the front lines. The Digital Village case also demonstrates the social value of combining corporate philanthropy, academic prowess, and community empowerment-highlighting the role of evaluation in this process.
- Author BiographyDavid M. Fetterman is President and CEO of Fetterman & Associates, an international evaluation consulting firm. He is Professor of Education at the University of Arkansas at Pine Bluff and the Director of the Arkansas Evaluation Center. Over 25 years of service, he held positions in Stanford University's administration, School of Education, and School of Medicine. His recent books include Empowerment Evaluation Principles in Practice and Ethnography: Step by Step, 3rd Edition. To learn more about Dr. Fetterman, visit his website: www.davidfetterman.com.
- Author(s)David M. Fetterman
- PublisherStanford University Press
- Date of Publication15/11/2012
- SubjectManagement Techniques: Professional
- Place of PublicationPalo Alto
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintStanford University Press
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations, black & white tables, figures
- Weight259 g
- Width3895 mm
- Height5830 mm
- Spine407 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $192.00Trending at AU $201.92
- AU $99.00Trending at AU $100.46
- AU $67.99Trending at AU $70.91
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $79.14
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $84.09
- AU $69.95Trending at AU $80.22
- AU $64.76Trending at AU $68.94
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.