All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $72.55Trending at AU $74.74
- AU $32.26Trending at AU $36.40
- AU $23.06Trending at AU $25.46
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.65
- AU $12.94Trending at AU $16.44
- AU $24.55Trending at AU $29.36
- AU $19.92Trending at AU $27.46
About this product
- DescriptionOffering a contemporary, comprehensive overview of the Social Work profession, Zastrow's bestselling INTRODUCTION TO SOCIAL WORK AND SOCIAL WELFARE: EMPOWERING PEOPLE gives you a glimpse into contemporary society with a realistic view of social problems. By presenting positive strategies in the context of the core values, ethics, skills, and kwledge base of today's professional social worker, Zastrow encourages you to think critically about new and workable ways to solve problems and empower clients. Case studies, exhibits and tables on social problems give you hands-on experience applying concepts and comparing and contrasting important issues. The twelfth edition includes comprehensive Council on Social Work Education (CSWE) core content that aligns with the latest Educational Policy and Accreditation Standards (EPAS), as well as insightful coverage of new and emerging issues, making it the number one book for social work students.
- Author BiographyCharles Zastrow, MSW, Ph.D., is Professor Emeritus in Social Work at the University of Wisconsin-Whitewater, where he chaired the Social Work Department for six years. He has also been the Assistant Director and Professor in the Social Work Program at George Williams College in Williams Bay, Wisconsin. A Licensed Clinical Social Worker in the state of Wisconsin, Dr. Zastrow has worked as a practitioner for various agencies, chaired social work accreditation site visit teams for the Council on Social Work Education (CSWE), and served on the Commission on Accreditation of CSWE. He also was a member of the BPD board. A leader in social work education and a bestselling author, Dr. Zastrow has written more than 45 articles in professional journals as well as nine books, including four other textbooks: THE PRACTICE OF SOCIAL WORK, SOCIAL WORK WITH GROUPS, SOCIAL PROBLEMS: ISSUES AND SOLUTIONS, and UNDERSTANDING HUMAN BEHAVIOR AND THE SOCIAL ENVIRONMENT (with Dr. Karen Kirst-Ashman).
- Author(s)Charles Zastrow
- PublisherCengage Learning, Inc
- Date of Publication31/01/2016
- SubjectSocial Sciences: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationMason, OH
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCENGAGE Learning Custom Publishing
- Weight1179 g
- Width210 mm
- Height261 mm
- Spine25 mm
- Edition Statement12th Revised edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.