All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIn 1978, more than 3,500 letters written over a thirty-year friendship between Elear Roosevelt and Lorena Hickok were discovered by archivists. Although the most explicit letters had been burned (Lorena told Elear's daughter, Your mother wasn't always so very discreet in her letters to me ), the find was still electrifying eugh to create controversy about the nature of the women's relationship. Historian Rodger Streitmatter has transcribed and antated more than 300 of those letters--published here for the first time--and put them within the context of the lives of these two extraordinary women, allowing us to understand the role of this remarkable friendship in Roosevelt's transformation into a crusading First Lady.
- Author BiographyRodger Streitmatter is a professor of communications at American University. A former reporter for the Roanoke (Virginia) Times & World News, he is the author of five previous books. He lives in Washington, D.C.
- Author(s)Eleanor Roosevelt,Lorena Hickok,Rodger Streitmatter
- PublisherThe Perseus Books Group
- Date of Publication14/09/2000
- SubjectBiography: Historical, Political & Military
- Place of PublicationCambridge, MA
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintDa Capo Press Inc
- Content Noteb&w illustrations, annotations
- Weight462 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine22 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $69.60Trending at AU $91.10
- AU $17.51Trending at AU $30.55
- AU $24.79Trending at AU $28.00
- AU $41.84Trending at AU $50.31
- AU $31.46Trending at AU $40.93
- AU $27.51Trending at AU $30.71
- AU $35.26Trending at AU $36.18
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.