All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $44.05
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $88.14
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.73
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.43
- AU $82.89Trending at AU $85.64
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.61
- AU $34.73Trending at AU $42.75
About this product
- DescriptionEN CONTACTO: GRAMATICA EN ACCION Enhanced Ninth Edition is designed to put intermediate Spanish students in touch with contemporary Hispanic culture through its language and literature. The program stresses communication and, when used with the LECTURAS INTERMEDIAS volume, emphasizes the acquisition of reading skills and text comprehension.
- Author BiographyTeresa Mendez-Faith was born in Asuncion, Paraguay. She received her PhD at the University of Michigan in 1979. She currently resides in New England. An essayist, literary critic and college professor, she teaches Hispanic-American literature at Saint Anselm College, New Hampshire. She has authored several books including PARAGUAY: NOVELA Y EXILIO (1985) and NUEVOS CONTEXTOS: DOCE CUENTISTAS CONTEMPORANEOS DE HISPANOAMERICA (2002), and is co-author of four Spanish textbooks. Teresa Mendez-Faith has been awarded several academic distinctions, including two postgraduate scholarships from the National for Endowment the Humanities, the AAUP Teacher of the Year prize at her college (1990) and, also that same year, the Sears-Roebuck Foundation Teaching Excellence and Campus Leadership Award . Brenda Wegmann received a Master's degree in Spanish literature from the University of Wisconsin and taught Spanish for seven years at Boston University and Northeastern University before moving to Canada in 1974. Since then she has lived with her family in Edmonton while teaching Spanish at the University of Alberta in the Department of Extension and writing Spanish and ESL textbooks, as well as trade books. Among her publications (written in collaboration with outstanding co-authors) are the following: PERSPECTIVAS, EN CONTACTO (for intermediate university Spanish), MOSAIC 1 & 2 (ESL readers), PRONTO Y PRACTICO (Practical Spanish for Canadians), STREETWISE SPANISH DICTIONARY / THESAURUS, LAUGH N' LEARN SPANISH (co-authored with cartoonist Lynn Johnston of For Better or For Worse ), TUNE UP YOUR SPANISH, and most recently, THE RED-HOT BOOK OF SPANISH SLANG AND IDIOMS. : Mary McVey Gill has co-authored numerous books in Spanish including EN CONTACTO: LECTURAS INTERMEDIAS, and HABLEMOS ESPA?OL. She worked in academic publishing for many years and co-authored TAPESTRY II: LISTENING/SPEAKING, a book for English language learners.
- Author(s)Brenda Wegmann,Mary Gill,Mary Gill McVey,Teresa Mendez-Faith
- PublisherCengage Learning, Inc
- Date of Publication31/01/2014
- LanguageEnglish & Spanish
- SubjectLanguage Learning (other than ELT)
- Place of PublicationBelmont, CA
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintWadsworth Publishing Co Inc
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations, colour illustrations, maps
- Weight590 g
- Width206 mm
- Height255 mm
- Spine14 mm
- Edition StatementEnhanced ed of 9th Revised ed
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.