En Otras Palabras: Perfeccionamiento Del Espanol Por Medio De La Traduccion by Patricia V. Lunn, Ernest J. Lunsford (Paperback, 2013)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $30.34Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by blackwelloxford
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $1,988.95+ AU $7.95 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionStudents of advanced Spanish share a desire to use and understand the language, even as their backgrounds and goals for the language may vary widely. En otras palabras provides advanced learners of Spanish with hands-on manipulation of grammatical, lexical, and cultural detail through the practice of translation ( traduccion). This challenging and enjoyable textbook?w in its second edition with up-to-date texts on current events, new exercises, and new and expanded instructions -- presents students with incisive grammar explanation, relevant lexical information, and a wide variety of translation texts and exercises in order to increase their mastery of the Spanish language. En otras palabras contains Spanish texts to be translated into English as well as English texts for translation into Spanish. Translating into English requires students to understand every detail of the Spanish text and decide how these details might best be expressed in English. Translating into Spanish requires students to recognize how Spanish structures and words do -- and do t -- parallel those of English. Both activities provide advanced students of Spanish with an invigorating linguistic workout and serve as an effective introduction to the practice of translation. Translation is a cultural as well as a linguistic activity; for students, learning how to translate provides invaluable experience of the inseparability of language and culture. En otras palabras addresses the errors made by advanced learners of Spanish while involving students in the pleasurable, problem-solving process of translation. This second edition contains a wide variety of usage-based exercises for both individual and group work. Concise and complete texts feature narrative and description, marketing and publicity materials, medical and legal topics, sports journalism, and internet posts. En otras palabras is designed for a three-credit semester class; an online Instructor's Manual is provided at charge to professors who adopt the text in their classrooms.
- Author BiographyPatricia V. Lunn is professor emerita of Spanish at Michigan State University. She is the co-author of Teaching Spanish Grammar with Pictures: How to Use William Bull's Visual Grammar of Spanish and has published translations of literary texts from Spanish and Catalan. Ernest J. Lunsford is professor emeritus of Spanish at Elon University, North Carolina. He is a federally certified Spanish/English and English/Spanish interpreter for the United States Courts.
- Author(s)Ernest J. Lunsford,Patricia V. Lunn
- PublisherGeorgetown University Press
- Date of Publication15/01/2013
- SubjectLanguage Learning (other than ELT)
- Place of PublicationWashington, DC
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintGeorgetown University Press
- Content Note4 b&w photos, 6 line drawings
- Weight204 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine10 mm
- Edition Statementsegunda edicion
Best-selling in Textbooks
- AU $203.69New
Marketing Management: an Asian Perspective by Swee Hoon Ang, Kevin Lane Keller, Siew-Meng Leong, Chin Tiong Tan, Philip Kotler (Paperback, 2013)
- AU $75.71New
- AU $61.33Used
- AU $93.50New
- AU $101.60New
- AU $70.98New
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $82.10
- AU $22.41Trending at AU $23.51
- AU $114.99Trending at AU $120.22
- AU $87.99Trending at AU $90.65
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $78.54
- AU $39.20Trending at AU $50.30
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $75.71
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.