All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $72.89Trending at AU $75.47
- AU $50.10Trending at AU $53.12
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.88
- AU $32.08Trending at AU $45.10
- AU $14.60Trending at AU $16.60
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $27.15
- AU $26.13Trending at AU $29.65
About this product
- DescriptionIn Encapsulation and Controlled Release Techlogies in Food Systems, editor Lakkis has gathered a highly respected collection of expert contributors from industry and academia to highlight recent invations in encapsulation and controlled release techlogies in food systems. Unlike most recent publications which dealt exclusively with theoretical aspects of these techlogies, this volume focuses mainly on devising effective and invative applications in food systems in which these delivery vehicles operate. In addition, the book provides some emphasis on new opportunities that may arise from the development of new materials for the design and fabrication of delivery vehicles and carriers. Encapsulation and Controlled Release Techlogies gives the reader a solid grasp of basic concepts of encapsulation techlogies and their vel applications in food systems. Dr. Lakkis also presents vel possibilities of encapsulation and controlled release along with a discussion on future perspectives and ecomical implications of these techlogies.
- Author BiographyJamileh M. Lakkis, Ph.D., has 14 years experience in the food, dietary supplements, and consumer products industries. She served as Senior Project Manager at Pfizer/Cadbury-Schweppes, Morris Plains, NJ focusing on designing confectionery products as delivery systems for oral care benefits. As a Senior Encapsulation specialist for General Mills, Inc., Minneapolis, MN, Dr. Lakkis designed several micro-encapsulation processes for stabilizing and masking the taste/aroma of a variety of functional and nutraceutical actives for their applications in breakfast cereals, dairy, confections and shelf-stable bakery products. Her professional experience also includes an engagement as Senior Research Scientist at Land O'Lakes, Inc., Arden Hills, MN. Dr. Lakkis co-organized the first IFT symposium on micro-encapsulation and controlled release applications in food systems. She is an active member of the Controlled Release Society and serves on the society's newsletter editorial board representing the Consumer and Diversified Products Division.
- PublisherIowa State University Press
- Date of Publication19/06/2007
- SubjectIndustrial Chemistry & Manufacturing
- Place of PublicationArnes, AI
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintIowa State University Press
- Content Note25 illustrations
- Weight720 g
- Width187 mm
- Height263 mm
- Spine16 mm
- Edited byDr. Jamileh M. Lakkis
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.