CURRENTLY SOLD OUT
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.40
- AU $69.53Trending at AU $86.07
- AU $17.60Trending at AU $23.02
- AU $29.91Trending at AU $39.16
- AU $26.15Trending at AU $26.53
- AU $35.37Trending at AU $37.50
- AU $49.76Trending at AU $53.93
About this product
- DescriptionEncountering Ensemble, is a text for students, teachers, researchers and practitioners who wish to develop a deeper understanding of the history, conceptual foundations and practicalities of the world of ensemble theatre. It is the first book to draw together definitions and practitioner examples, making it a cutting edge work on the subject. Encountering Ensemble combines historical and contemporary case studies with a wide range of approaches and perspectives. It is written collaboratively with practitioners and members from the academic community and is divided into three sections: 1. Introduction and an approach to training ensembles 2. Practitioner case studies and analysis of specific practical approaches to training ensembles (or individuals in an ensemble context) 3. Succinct perspectives from practitioners reflecting on a range of questions including: What is an ensemble?; the place of ensemble in the contemporary theatre landscape; and training issues.
- Author BiographyJohn Britton is Senior Lecturer in Performance at the University of Huddersfield, Course Leader for the MA Ensemble Theatre: Training & Performance (a postgraduate degree based round his unique training processes) and Artistic Director of DUENDE, an international performance ensemble dedicated to developing interdisciplinary and intergenerational new work. John trains ensemble groups worldwide through his workshops in Mexico, Slovenia, France, Germany, Greece, China, Portugal, Australia, India and the UK. John has extensive experience as a director, performer and writer of physical, interdisciplinary and text-based work.
- PublisherBloomsbury Publishing PLC
- Date of Publication29/08/2013
- SubjectOther Performing Arts
- Series TitlePerformance Books
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintMethuen Drama
- Out-of-print date20/12/2014
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight686 g
- Width138 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine33 mm
- Edited byJohn Britton
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.