All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIn this wide-ranging study of costume history contributors explore fashion, textiles, and the representation of clothing in the middle ages. Essays combine the perspectives of archaeology, art history, ecomics, religion, costume history, material culture, and literary criticism and explore materials from England, France, the Low Countries, Scandinavia, Germany, Italy, and Ireland. The collection focuses on multiple aspects of textiles and dress - their making, meaning, and representation - and explores the impact of international trade and other forms of cultural exchange.
- Author BiographyDESIREE KOSLIN teaches at SUNY's Fashion Institute of Technology in the graduate Museum Studies Costume and Textile Department. JANET SNYDER teaches the History of Art and Architecture in the Division of Art of the College of Creative Arts at West Virginia University.
- PublisherSt Martin's Press
- Date of Publication06/02/2003
- SubjectFine Arts / Art History
- Series TitleThe New Middle Ages
- Place of PublicationNew York, NY
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSt Martin's Press
- Content Notebiography
- Weight516 g
- Width140 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine25 mm
- Edited byDesiree G. Koslin,Janet Snyder
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $57.99Trending at AU $62.11
- AU $34.67Trending at AU $36.61
- AU $73.12Trending at AU $74.82
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.76
- AU $37.59Trending at AU $40.09
- AU $34.02Trending at AU $36.09
- AU $28.53Trending at AU $29.80
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.