All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIsn't it particularly difficult to 'speak' of your work? Frederic-Yves Jeannet asks Helene Cixous in this fascinating book of interviews. [I]t's only in writing, on paper, that I reach the most unkwn, the strangest, the most advanced part of me for me. I feel closer to my own mystery in the aura of writing it, Cixous responds. These conversations, which took place over three years and cover the creative process behind Cixous s fictional writing, illuminate the genesis and particular genius of one of France s most original writers. Cixous muses on her coming to writing, from her first publications to her recent acclaim for a series of fictional texts that spring, as, she insists all true writing does, from her life: the loss of her father when she was a child, and her relationship with her mother, w in her tenth decade, as well as with such friends as Jacques Derrida and Jacques Lacan. The conversations delve into Cixous s career as an academic in Paris and abroad, her summer retreats to the Bordeaux region to write uninterrupted for two months, her work with Ariane Muchkine s Theatre du Soleil, her political engagements and her dreams. Readers and writers who have followed Cixous s path-blazing career as a fiction writer who crosses boundaries of genre and gender while posing essential questions about the nature of narrative and life will find this a book that cant be put down.
- Author BiographyHelene Cixous is one of the world s leading writers. She is the founder and former director of the Centre de Recherches en Etudes Feminines at Paris VIII University and is a frequent visitor to universities in the United States and Canada. Frederic-Yves Jeannet is a French writer and professor who lives in Mexico. He has lectured in French and Comparative Literature at the University of Geneva, Montclair State, Cooper Union, Victoria University of Wellington and the Metropolitan University, Mexico City.
- Author(s)Helene Cixous
- PublisherPolity Press
- Date of Publication02/11/2012
- SubjectLiterary Criticism
- Place of PublicationOxford
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintPolity Press
- Weight228 g
- Width137 mm
- Height210 mm
- Spine13 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $57.99Trending at AU $62.11
- AU $34.68Trending at AU $36.61
- AU $73.14Trending at AU $74.82
- AU $50.28Trending at AU $53.01
- AU $31.89Trending at AU $40.50
- AU $37.59Trending at AU $40.09
- AU $34.15Trending at AU $35.14
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.