All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.40
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.83
- AU $94.90Trending at AU $97.85
- AU $29.08Trending at AU $33.28
- AU $30.74Trending at AU $37.18
- AU $23.06Trending at AU $32.95
- AU $69.55Trending at AU $86.07
About this product
- Description'I recommend this book to anyone wishing to help children learn. In it you will find some lovely ideas for improving the way we encourage, support and praise all young people.' Professor Carol Dweck, author of Mindset, Stanford University, USA 'James has developed a rare skill for blending arresting anecdotes, hard-edged research and practical advice into a truly compelling narrative.' Professor Barry Hymer, author of the Gifted and Talented Pocket Book, Cumbria University, UK Over the last 20 years James Nottingham has studied how children learn. He has taught every age group in both primary and secondary schools, helped deaf teenagers deal with anger and isolation and even done philosophy with three-year-olds. In this inspiring, humorous, and practical book he shows what you can do to help children of all ages develop into confident, thoughtful and independent learners. Based around the acronym ASK, this book explores attitudes, skills and kwledge to learning - what is required and how to develop these skills more effectively. It shows how to encourage independent thinking and a spirit of inquiry in your children. Highlights include: * the dangers of calling our children clever, bright and gifted; * the best ways to teach wisdom; * how to help children excel in exams; * why curiosity did t kill the cat. With a foreword written by John Hattie, Encouraging Learning draws on research from some of the most respected experts on thinking and learning to identify the best ways to help children learn more effectively, efficiently and co-operatively. For everyone living or working with children - particularly teachers, parents, carers and youth workers - this book shows you some of the best ways to enhance children's learning, including how to question, praise, and encourage more effectively.
- Author BiographyJames Nottingham is an internationally known freelance trainer and educational consultant, as well as Director of JN Partnership Ltd. Formerly a teacher and leader in both primary and secondary schools in the UK, he is also co-founder of www.p4c.com, an international resource and collaboration cooperative for Philosophy for Children.
- Author(s)James Nottingham
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication20/05/2013
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Note29 black & white illustrations, 21 black & white halftones, 8 black & white line drawings
- Weight430 g
- Width174 mm
- Height246 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.