All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $50.17Trending at AU $52.09
- AU $32.78Trending at AU $40.84
- AU $30.36Trending at AU $40.12
- AU $31.97Trending at AU $45.25
- AU $13.01Trending at AU $16.66
- AU $33.35Trending at AU $36.06
- AU $15.79Trending at AU $25.15
About this product
- DescriptionThis publication caters for the professional horticulturist and amateur gardening enthusiast, and is written in an easy to understand style. Scientific terms, where used, have been explained or included in the comprehensive glossary. The text is complemented by many delicately executed line drawings by Trevor Blake and a wonderful selection of colour photographs. This is the fourth of a multi-volume set in which the authors have drawn on their extensive experience of years devoted to the culture of Australian plants. Volume Four treats the following genera in great detail: EUCALYPTUS (with the most comprehensive cultivation details available), FICUS, FLINDERSIA, GASTROLOBIUM, GOMPHOLOBIUM, GOODENIA and GOSSYPIUM.
- Author BiographyRODGER ELLIOT has been propagating and growing Australian plants since the 1950s and for the greater part of that time was involved in commercial horticulture. The author of a number of horticultural and botanical books and contributor to local and overseas horticultural publications, Elliot is currently involved in co-ordinating Australian plant breeding programs and is also a member of the Royal Botanic Gardens Board in Victoria. In 2001 he received an Order of Australia award for his work with Australian plants, and other awards include the Australian Institute of Horticulture's Award of Excellence for Outstanding Contribution to Horticulture, the Australian Natural History Medallion and the Gold Veitch Memorial Medallion from the Royal Horticultural Society. He enjoys photography, especially when the results live up to expectations. DAVID JONES is renowned in Australia and overseas for his botanical and horticultural work on Australian plants. In 2001 he received an Award of Honour from the Australian Orchid Foundation in reognition of his exemplary work on furthering botanical and horticultural knowledge and understanding of Australian terrestrial orchids. Jones has published many scientific papers on the results of his work. He is currently a research scientist at the Centre for Plant Biodiversity Research at the CSIRO, Canberra. He travels extensively in Australia in his quest for knowledge on specialist plant groups, often to very remote areas wher he is able to photograph many rare and unusual species.
- Author(s)David L. Jones,W.Rodger Elliot
- PublisherHachette Australia
- Date of Publication01/01/1990
- Place of PublicationSydney
- Country of PublicationAustralia
- First Published1990
- ImprintLothian Books
- Content Noteillustrations, (some colour )
- Weight1450 g
- Width195 mm
- Height251 mm
- Spine35 mm
- Edition StatementNew edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.