Save on Other
- AU $21.88Trending at AU $22.82
- AU $16.70Trending at AU $19.89
- AU $39.87Trending at AU $43.40
- AU $27.36Trending at AU $36.54
- AU $14.92Trending at AU $17.16
- AU $17.16Trending at AU $24.04
- AU $18.61Trending at AU $27.16
About this product
- DescriptionSince the United States gained its independence, the American political landscape has been dominated by two major political parties - first Whigs and Democrats, and over the last century or so, Democrats and Republicans. In recent years, however, voter disenchantment with the major parties has led to the formation of numerous smaller parties. Often addressing a particular concern (such as the environment) and operating on a local, state or regional level, these parties generally focus on affecting political decisions regarding specific topics of interest. This book catalogs and describes more than 180 political parties that are active in the United States today. Information has been gathered largely from the parties themselves, via direct contact with representatives and from their websites. From the Alaskan Independence Party to the Young Democratic Socialists, entries contain the party name, address, telephone and fax numbers, launch date, and email and website addresses. A review of the party's history and table activities as well as an abbreviated summary of each party's platform is also provided. Finally, a listing of any affiliates - and their contact information - is also included where applicable.
- Author(s)David Blevins
- PublisherMcFarland & Co Inc
- Date of Publication15/05/2006
- SubjectPolitical Ideologies & Parties
- Place of PublicationJefferson, NC
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintMcFarland & Co Inc
- Content Notebibliography, index
- Weight331 g
- Width154 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine13 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.