All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.82Trending at AU $43.72
- AU $70.98Trending at AU $87.50
- AU $62.89Trending at AU $77.17
- AU $78.98Trending at AU $85.01
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.03
- AU $34.79Trending at AU $42.43
- AU $21.22Trending at AU $24.76
About this product
- DescriptionThis encyclopedia provides a comprehensive reference to topics in biometrics including concepts, modalities, algorithms, devices, systems, security, performance testing, applications and standardization. With an A-Z format and over 1400 entries, it provides easy access to relevant information on all aspects of biometrics for those seeking entry into this broad field. Entries are written by experts in biometrics and related fields. Each entry includes a definition, key words, list of synyms, list of related entries, illustration(s), applications and a bibliography. Most entries include useful literature references providing the reader with a portal to more detailed information. Comprehensive and tutorial, the Encyclopedia of Biometrics, 2nd Edition is a practical resource for experts in the field and professionals interested in aspects of biometrics.
- Author BiographyStan Z. Li received his B.Eng from Hunan University, China, M.Eng from National University of Defense Technology, China, and PhD degree from Surrey University, UK. He is currently a professor at the National Laboratory of Pattern Recognition and the director of the Center for Biometrics and Security Research (CBSR), Institute of Automation (CASIA) and the director of the Center for Visual Internet of Things Research (VIOT), Chinese Academy of Sciences. He was elevated to IEEE Fellow in2009. His research interest includes pattern recognition and machine learning, image and vision processing, face recognition and video analytics. He has published over 300 papers in international journals and conferences and authored and edited 8 books including Markov Random Field Models in Image Analysis (Springer, 1st edition 1995, 2nd edition 2001, 3rd edition 2009) and Handbook of Face Recognition (Springer, 1st edition 2005, 2nd edition 2011). Anil K. Jain, Ph.D. (Ohio State University, USA) is a University Distinguished Professor in the Department of Computer Science & Engineering at Michigan State University. His research interests include pattern recognition, computer vision and biometric recognition. He has co-authored and co-edited several books, including Introduction to Biometrics (Springer, 2011) and Algorithms for Clustering Data (Prentice Hall, 1998). He served as the editor-in-chief of the IEEE Transactions on Pattern Analysis and Machine Intelligence (1991- 94) and has received a number of awards including Guggenheim fellowship, Humboldt research award, Fulbright award and King-Sun Fu award.
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Date of Publication30/04/2015
- SubjectOther Specific Technologies
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Content Note337 black & white illustrations, 486 colour illustrations, biography
- Weight3557 g
- Width178 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine97 mm
- Edited byAnil Jain,Stan Z. Li
- Contained items statement2 Hardbacks
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.