All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionSince 1784, when the American ship Empress of China arrived in Guangzhou, Chinese-American relations have experienced advances and setbacks. The past century saw America's rise to a world superpower, and in recent decades, China has increasingly asserted itself around the globe. As the Chinese ecomy rapidly expands, China assumes a more dominant position in world politics, and continued fruitful relations with the United States will be a primary concern for both nations in the twenty-first century. This encyclopedia contains more than 400 descriptive entries of important events, issues, personalities, controversies, treaties, agreements, organizations and alliances in the history of Si-American relations. The work examines people and events from Chinese and American perspectives. Enhancing the entries are maps, a chrology, list of acronyms, and three appendices, offering lists of American chiefs on missions to China, Chinese chiefs on missions to the United States, and the correspondence of Wade-Giles to Pinyin.
- Author BiographyYuwu Song is an instruction librarian at Arizona State University Libraries. He lives in Little Rock, Arizona.
- PublisherMcFarland & Co Inc
- Date of Publication15/10/2009
- SubjectInternational Relations
- Place of PublicationJefferson, NC
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintMcFarland & Co Inc
- Content Notemaps, chronology, bibliography, index
- Weight649 g
- Width177 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine23 mm
- Edited byYuwu Song
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $61.46New
- AU $7.03New
- AU $20.24New
- AU $33.17New
- AU $30.27New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $40.94Trending at AU $51.42
- AU $29.54Trending at AU $30.27
- AU $61.61Trending at AU $62.90
- AU $49.24Trending at AU $52.58
- AU $39.16Trending at AU $43.28
- AU $26.82Trending at AU $30.72
- AU $28.36Trending at AU $30.17
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.