All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe Encyclopedia of Deception examines lying from multiple perspectives drawn from the disciplines of social psychology, sociology, history, business, political science, cultural anthropology, moral philosophy, theology, law, family studies, evolutionary biology, philosophy, and more. From the little white lie, to lying on a resume, to the grandiose lies of presidents, this two-volume reference explores the phemen of lying in a multidisciplinary context to elucidate this common aspect of our daily lives. Not only a cultural phemen historically, lying is a frequent occurrence in our everyday lives. Research shows that we are likely to lie or intentionally deceive others several times a day or in one out of every four conversations that lasts more than 10 minutes.
- Author BiographyTimothy R. Levine, Ph.D., is professor of communication and media at Korea University, South Korea, where he teaches and conducts research on topics related to interpersonal communication, persuasion, social influence, and social-scientific research methods. In addition to teaching graduate and undergraduate classes, Levine conducts training for police, attorneys, and people in the intelligence and counterintelligence communities. Before Korea University, he held faculty appointments at Michigan State University, Indiana University, and the University of Hawai'i. He has published more than 100 refereed journal articles reporting original research related to communication. Levine is an internationally recognized leader in deception research. He is the author or coauthor of Information Manipulation Theory, Truth Default Theory, The Veracity Effect, The Probing Effect, and The Park-Levine Probability Model. His research on deception has been funded by the National Science Foundation, the U.S. Department of Defense, and the Federal Bureau of Investigation. His current research focuses on what makes some people more believable than others and on effective interrogation strategies.
- PublisherSAGE Publications Inc
- Date of Publication01/05/2014
- SubjectCommunication & Media
- Place of PublicationThousand Oaks
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSAGE Publications Inc
- Content Noteillustrations (black and white)
- Weight3697 g
- Width216 mm
- Height280 mm
- Spine109 mm
- Edited byTimothy R. Levine
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $33.32New
- AU $30.40New
- AU $20.46New
- AU $30.87New
- AU $21.83New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $10.59Trending at AU $13.66
- AU $60.88Trending at AU $63.18
- AU $49.18Trending at AU $52.81
- AU $20.89Trending at AU $24.28
- AU $28.29Trending at AU $30.29
- AU $44.93Trending at AU $46.37
- AU $32.47Trending at AU $33.66
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.