CURRENTLY SOLD OUT
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $72.89Trending at AU $75.47
- AU $50.10Trending at AU $53.12
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.88
- AU $32.08Trending at AU $45.10
- AU $14.60Trending at AU $16.60
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $27.15
- AU $26.13Trending at AU $29.65
About this product
- DescriptionThis work presents Schott's miscellany for the human condition. It offers a unique view of life at the end of the 20th and beginning of the 21st centuries - a memoir in the form of an encyclopaedia. A beautiful, poignant and humorous memoir from a startlingly talented young writer, Encyclopedia of an Ordinary Life recalls the writing of Dave Eggers at its best. Packaged with stunning artwork by Jeffrey Middleton, it is both a gorgeous piece of 21st century art and a scintillating work of literary brilliance. A unique, one-of-a-kind book that breaks all conventions in its creation of a singular voice, Encyclopedia of an Ordinary Life is the work of a 21st century 'everyperson' - memorable precisely for her studied acceptance of the rmality of her life and the sweeping beauty she finds in every corner. Rosenthal's great accomplishment is the narrative thread that develops across the alphabetical landscape the book presents, so that the reader gets a full and rich sense of one woman's life - ordinary, perhaps, but extraordinary in that her observations are so uncannily universal.
- Author BiographyAmy Krouse Rosenthal lives in Chicago. This is her first book.
- Author(s)Amy Krouse Rosenthal
- PublisherThree Rivers Press
- Date of Publication11/03/2006
- SubjectBiography: General
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintThree Rivers Press
- Content Note35
- Weight315 g
- Width139 mm
- Height209 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Illustrator(s)Jeff Middleton
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.