All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $44.05
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $88.14
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.73
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.73
- AU $82.90Trending at AU $85.64
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.61
- AU $34.72Trending at AU $42.75
About this product
- DescriptionEncyclopedia of the Peoples of Africa and the Middle East is a new two-volume A-to-Z reference to the history and culture of the peoples of Africa and the Middle East. This fascinating resource includes about 1,400 entries on the major peoples that have maintained a cultural identity in the area - from ancient to modern times - summarizing their history, migration, culture, belief system, social organization, and relationship to other peoples. Students will find entries on the Assyrians and the Asante, as well as entries on 'Iraqis: nationality' and 'Ghanaians: nationality', describing who they are today with cross-references to the various ancestral peoples.It includes: Armenians; Bantu; Berber; Dinka; Egyptians; Fulani; Greeks; Hittites; Iraqis: nationality; Jews; Khoikhoi; Kurds; Ottoman; Persians; Phoenicians; and, South Africans: nationality.
- Author BiographyHistorical consultant Anthony Gorman is a lecturer in modern Middle Eastern history at the University of Edinburgh. Historical consultant Andrew Newman is a reader in Islamic studies and Persia the University of Edinburgh and director of the Graduate School of Literatures, Languages, and Cultures.
- Author(s)Jamie Stokes
- PublisherFacts On File Inc
- Date of Publication01/10/2008
- SubjectSchool Textbooks & Study Guides: Social Sciences
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintFacts On File Inc
- Content Noteblack-&-white photographs & illustrations, maps, index, bibliography, further reading, cross-references, chronology, timelines, sidebars, fact sheets in two volumes
- Weight2880 g
- Width221 mm
- Height284 mm
- Spine66 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.