All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionSince the third edition of this reference was completed, there have been major changes in the global chemical industry. With less emphasis on new processes for making basic chemicals and more emphasis on pollution prevention and waste disposal, petrochemical processes are giving way to biochemical processes. These changes are reflected in the new processes being developed, many of which have their own names. In addition, niche improvements are still being made in petrochemistry, and some of these processes have new names as well. Gathering and defining a large portion of special named processes that may fall outside standard chemical texts or be scattered among industry manuals, Encyclopedic Dictionary of Named Processes in Chemical Techlogy, Fourth Edition provides a single-source reference on an extensive array of named processes. It provides concise descriptions of those processes in chemical techlogy that are kwn by special names that are t self-explanatory. While overviews of the chemical techlogy industry are present in other books, most of the names defined within this volume are unique to this compilation. This reference includes named processes in current commercial use around the world, processes that have been or are being piloted on a substantial scale, and even obsolete processes that have been important in the past. The length of the dictionary entries reflects their importance and topicality. The text includes references that document the origins of the processes and review the latest developments. Written by a highly experienced and respected author, this user-friendly text is presented in a practical dictionary format that is useful for a broad audience including industrial chemists and engineers.
- Author BiographyDr. Alan Comyns has had an unusually varied career in academic, government, and industrial research laboratories. He has worked at the Atomic Energy Research Establishment, Harwell, UK; British Titan Products (now Huntsman), UK; Westinghouse Electric, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania; and National Lead (now Kronos), Sayerville, New Jersey. He was also a part-time visiting lecturer in industrial chemistry at the University of East Anglia. Until recently, Dr. Comyns was an independent consultant and author, specializing in market studies for inorganic chemicals and materials. He edits, and largely writes, Focus on Catalysts, a monthly newsletter published by Elsevier.
- Author(s)Alan E. Comyns
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Inc
- Date of Publication26/02/2014
- SubjectIndustrial Chemistry & Manufacturing
- Place of PublicationBosa Roca
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCRC Press Inc
- Weight884 g
- Width178 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine28 mm
- Format DetailsUnsewn / adhesive bound
- Edition Statement4th Revised edition
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $38.44Trending at AU $48.97
- AU $35.07Trending at AU $36.68
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $34.95
- AU $22.22Trending at AU $31.05
- AU $29.06Trending at AU $39.11
- AU $20.74Trending at AU $24.30
- AU $28.63Trending at AU $30.35
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.