All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionA comprehensive reference that includes a useful English-Latin law glossary and an extensive bibliography (centered on English-language publications) that covers all of the dictionary's topics. A formidable research tool. Originally published: Philadelphia: The American Philosophical Society,  (Transactions of the American Philosophical Society; New Series, Volume 43, Part 2, 1953). [ii], 333-808 pp. This dictionary is intended to meet the needs of the student with little or kwledge of Roman law or indeed of Latin. It seeks to provide a brief picture of Roman legal institutions and sources as a sort of first introduction to them. A very large number of brief-usually very brief-entries provide explanations of Roman legal terms, civil and criminal, and summary accounts of the sources. This is a formidable task to undertake single-handed, and Dr. Berger is to be congratulated on the great learning and thoroughness with which he has carried it through. ... The work ends with a remarkable general bibliography listing some fifteen hundred works under headings ranging from the main divisions of the law to 'Christianity and Roman Law' and 'Roman law in n-juristic sources.' This last is particularly valuable. --BARRY NICHOLAS 44 Journal of Roman Studies 160 (1954) The publication of Mr. Adolf Berger's encyclopedic dictionary of Roman law is a very important accomplishment in the recent history of American legal scholarship. The American legal world owes him homage for putting at its disposal the scholarship of twentieth-century European Romanism, or indicating the entrances thereto. --MITCHELL FRANKLIN 28 Tulane Law Review 412 (1953-1954)
- Author(s)Adolf Berger
- PublisherLawbook Exchange, Ltd.
- Date of Publication24/09/2014
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectPolitical Science & Theory
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintLawbook Exchange, Ltd.
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight1111 g
- Width216 mm
- Height279 mm
- Spine25 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
Best-selling in Textbooks
- AU $179.93New
Management: the Essentials by Mary Coulter, Megan Woods, Stephen Robbins, David De Cenzo (Paperback, 2015)
- AU $111.93New
- AU $93.61Used
- AU $93.61New
- AU $101.72New
- AU $81.15New
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $82.20
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $78.64
- AU $38.81Trending at AU $50.36
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $74.31
- AU $104.88Trending at AU $109.06
- AU $22.66Trending at AU $23.29
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.